Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Game thread : IU vs Iowa - 12/4

10 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

You posters that are negative about every damn thing that has to do with IU are killing me. I’m so tired of seeing you guys on here. “I don’t see us with much of a chance” vs Iowa at home? Come on man. What’s the point of even getting on the message boards

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Right - we had a bad game against Michigan. Up to that point, we had been more or less building on each game and getting better. With these guys learning a new system, there are going to be good games and bad games. I'm sure the Duke game played a big part in it. I expect them to come out much more focused.

12 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

We have to generate points. We know Morgan is likely to show up and play—but at least 2 others must too. Deron and RoJo are the 2 most likely candidates right now. RoJo needs to become a high double figure scorer consistently for us and I still think he gets there. He has done a good job on D. Let’s go Hoosiers! Fear the Stripes! We could easily win by 10 tonight if we play with urgency and intensity!

We need some guys to knock down outside shots, especially the wide open ones we've been clanging off the rim recently. And by "outside shots", I don't mean the 18 ft two pointers we were so fond of taking vs Michigan.

11 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Hopefully Justin Smith can get some run tonight!

I feel (entirely opinion) that CAM is more in tune with how his players will play, based on practice and overall "vibe".  Really hope, same as you, that Smith gets back on track soon- love watching him.  

I believe we'll see a much more focused and motivated effort tonight, at home, against Iowa. This is not a linear process so we'll continue to see the ups and downs of the past few weeks.

On Iowa.. in the past they would try to run with IU and that didn't workout too well for them. Tonight, I expect Iowa to have a handful of unforced turnovers on the break that will give us extra possessions. They're not a team that does anything particularly well.

We need to attack inside out and value the ball. I'd like to see single digit turnovers with a healthy dose of Morgan and Davis down low. I'd also like to see the ball kicked out to open shooters when double teams come at our post players.

This game will be determined by turnovers, free throws, and DEFENSE. Let's keep walk on Baer from lighting us up from deep.

Get that first Big Ten win CAM and Co.!

13 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I feel (entirely opinion) that CAM is more in tune with how his players will play, based on practice and overall "vibe".  Really hope, same as you, that Smith gets back on track soon- love watching him.  

Agree entirely with this. Coach Miller said in his post game presser that the guys who are playing well play and those that are not have to come out. I imagine that applies to practice as well. If someone is not practicing well, they aren't likely to see much game time whether we want them to or not. Honestly, I think we are still working through the buy in period.

Want to see Durham get some.more action. He kind of went quiet as I'm sure it's an adjustment with the comp level going up. Smith the same really. Gotta adjust to this speed.

And loving Rojo on defense (Michigan was just average) but dude has to turn it up in offense. Unfortunarely, he's just not that guy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

In the category of "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain", there are reports that security personnel are telling people the game has been delayed until 9:00 - NOT TRUE - still set for 8:00 tipoff.

Off topic but I wonder how many understand your reference or know its origin. Well done, by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app