Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Post Game Discussion : Duke 91 Indiana 81

Damn.

From Dook board

JJsJumpshot said... (original post)

I think we'll win comfortably but it isn't a sure bet.

Our 2015 team lost at NC State and we were wayyyyy better than State (I think they missed the tournament that year?). Road games are hard and Assembly Hall will be a mad house.

Indiana is really bad. How on earth did we get paired with them and not at least Purdue?

16 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Over/under Dook 14 threes?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would take the OVER.

My guess is Grayson has at least 8 or 9 and Duvall will probably get a couple, with whoever else sprinkled in... My guess is 16/17 will be hit tonight...

I would take the OVER.
My guess is Grayson has at least 8 or 9 and Duvall will probably get a couple, with whoever else sprinkled in... My guess is 16/17 will be hit tonight...

Normally I would agree with you but not this year. Allen is streaky and due for a hot shooting performance. Duvall is one of the worst shooters on the team. Gary Trent Jr. has the ability to light it up from outside as well as O’Connell. This is not your typical jack it up from 3 50 times a game Duke team. Most of the time you’re going to see Bagley and Carter get touches inside first.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have hardly seen Indiana play this year. How is their dribble penetration? If your guards can dribble drive for kickouts or dumpoffs inside you guys will be in good shape if K goes man.

8 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I can see CAM packing the paint to slowdown Carter and Bagley. I can also see the twerp lighting it up from deep. It seems as though teams have record setting games against us.

Does seem we get the opposing team's best

1 hour ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Normally I would agree with you but not this year. Allen is streaky and due for a hot shooting performance. Duvall is one of the worst shooters on the team. Gary Trent Jr. has the ability to light it up from outside as well as O’Connell. This is not your typical jack it up from 3 50 times a game Duke team. Most of the time you’re going to see Bagley and Carter get touches inside first.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think ALL our Defensive focus will be on the inside and not letting anybody in there... although we won't be able to fully stop them, but I do that that will open it up for Grayson, and even though Duvall isn't a usual 3 candidate, we always seem to have somebody like that get hot against us....

I think we'll pack the middle and put Rojo on Allen to try and slow him down.  I could see us throwing bodies at Bagley and Carter and trying to make them beat us from the free throw line. We have to be relentless on the defensive glass to limit second chances and we must take care of the ball. 

Against MSU, Duvall lacked complete confidence shooting threes so we can give him space. He's very dangerous penetrating and getting out on the break.