Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU versus Duke Pre-game Thread

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

For the home court to have an impact we will have to give the crowd something to be excited about. If Duke jumps out to a sizable lead early, the crowd will get quiet in a hurry. A good start is absolutely imperative.

Well we got down 16-2 in 2005 and still had the loudest crowd I've ever heard when Marco threw down that jam.

32 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

To win this game we have to go lights out from the three! I mean like on fire! It can be done.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Nips my friend, you are obviously still in remission with an affliction commonly known as "Crean-itis!"

Common symptoms are:

• Believing that offense, not defense wins games.
  • Constant "weaving."
  • That "getting in a track meet" will get 'er done.
  • That defense is an afterthought, or at the very least, not a primary thought.
  • That working from the perimeter, not the paint, is effective.
  • Sipping caffeinated beverages like a fiend (okay, maybe you don't have those beverages in your profile :) 
  • That our bigs should guard their bigs reeeeaaaally closely on the perimeter.
  • That an opponent's effective zone defense is a sign to wave the mercy flag of sadness.

BUT...I have the antidote, the intervention...HALLELUJAH...THE CURE!  it is a healthy dose of:

Image result for archie Miller

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Nips my friend, you are obviously still in remission with an affliction commonly known as "Crean-itis!"

Common symptoms are:

• Believing that offense, not defense wins games.
  • Constant "weaving."
  • That "getting in a track meet" will get 'er done.
  • That defense is an afterthought, or at the very least, not a primary thought.
  • That working from the perimeter, not the paint, is effective.
  • Sipping caffeinated beverages like a fiend (okay, maybe you don't have those beverages in your profile :) 
  • That our bigs should guard their bigs reeeeaaaally closely on the perimeter.
  • That an opponent's effective zone defense is a sign to wave the mercy flag of sadness.

BUT...I have the antidote, the intervention...HALLELUJAH...THE CURE!  it is a healthy dose of:

Image result for archie Miller

So what you're saying is there is a cure for say cancer?

The Rebel has talked to both of my kids who are on campus and I can confirm there is extra buzz and electricity on campus for this game. They said even the students with balcony tickets are excited for this one. The Hall will be rocking —-and the Duke freshman have not experienced anything like that before. I am psyched -and expect the Hoosiers to rise to the occasion. Can’t guarantee a win but I can guarantee Duke is in for a war! Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Game Day —Fire Up Hoosiers! Don’t underestimate the power of The Hall—The Hoosiers have won the last 6 Games against opponents ranked in the top 4 ! Best homecourt advantage in college basketball! You rank-em and we spank-em!

Hope Hartman can give us several minutes. We are better and a different team when he is on the floor! To get the upset someone will have to step up and rise to the occasion against Duke and play fearless basketball—like Andre Patterson and AJ Moye did in the past. Who will it be this year? Will DeVonte go off under the bright lights of the big stage? Will JuWan play out of his mind? Will one of the seniors—RoJo or Newkirk get in the shooter’s zone? Will one of our freshmen like Al show Duke’s freshmen that he is all that and a bag of chips? I can’t wait to see. Let’s keep playing great D and let’s make history! Beat Duke!