Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU versus Duke Pre-game Thread

Wednesday, 11/29.

I’m guessing it’ll be:

DeRon on Carter

JuWan on Bagley

RoJo on Trent

DeVonte on Allen

Josh on Duvall

Get those Duke freshmen scared and in the Hall. It’s gonna be really good.

Win baby win!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Duke roll out the 2-3 zone in this one communication will be at a premium with that crowd. The major difference between this Duke team and Duke teams of the past is this team plays inside out. Indiana’s bigs will be tested and I think it will be a good challenge for both sides. Indiana is going to have to crash the boards hard on the defensive side of the ball. We’ve already seen how vulnerable Duke is on the defensive side of the ball early this year so if Arch can get his guys clicking then it could be a problem early on for my guys. Don’t make any mistake about it Indiana CAN win this game. This is going to be the toughest environment Duke will play in all year IMO and will be another great early season test. Bagley is going to get his but if Indiana can disrupt the flow of the offense by getting in Duval’s @$$ they got a shot. Man I can’t wait for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think the ISU game was maybe exactly what the team needed.  It stung, and it made a clear message that they stink.  I think without that loss, Archie would have had a harder time getting their attention.

My concern for this game will be that our guys are frozen by the magnitude of the moment.  If instead they get out there without ego and just punch back, I think we can play with Duke.  Same as this last game, if we limit turnovers and have time to get back on defense, that will help.  Those transition baskets are pretty deflating.  

Give minutes to RoJo, Durham, Smith, Juwan, Collin, Deron.  Freddie will have to get some minutes, too, and I hope he's ready for it.  CuJo and Green should be used sparingly.  Newkirk can play as long as he's effective.  Otherwise, leave RoJo and Aljami out there.  

I remember the last time we got them at the Hall.  They were also #1 then and when Killingsworth threw down the jam to give us the lead it was the loudest arena I had ever heard until the Watshot of course.  Too bad our coach didn't know his @$$ from his elbow or we would've won.

8 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I remember the last time we got them at the Hall.  They were also #1 then and when Killingsworth threw down the jam to give us the lead it was the loudest arena I had ever heard until the Watshot of course.  Too bad our coach didn't know his @$$ from his elbow or we would've won.

One of my favorite games of all time and we didnt even win. That team was fun. 

Also, the hall looks awesome with a white out. Wish we would bring that out again sometime.

9 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I was at that game.. Sad that we’ve gotten to the point where some of the best memories for fans are losses. I’m expecting a comfortable Duke win in this one. Home crowd isn’t going to be enough to keep IU in it.

Sadly this is the kind of game Tom Crean would win and win quite handily in all honesty.   As we all know though he would get a rematch with Duke in the Sweet 16 and in that game, the game that actually matters, Tom Crean would get absolutely boat raced. 

Sadly this is the kind of game Tom Crean would win and win quite handily in all honesty.   As we all know though he would get a rematch with Duke in the Sweet 16 and in that game, the game that actually matters, Tom Crean would get absolutely boat raced. 

Guessing you needed to get that off of your chest to feel better? Hopefully you do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app