Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Post Game Discussion : Eastern Michigan 67 vs Indiana - 87

Ok, i really don't want to say this. PURELY SPECULATION+++++ Did Juwan get hurt. I remember him landing awkwardly and then a few minutes later he was out of the game and didn't return. I'm worried! Nothing was said but i don't think he came back in after that. Anyone have any insight?

He came back in towards the end of the game. I asked same question and he checked in right after I asked.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

It's great to see these guys start to click and buy into the system. This team should be a slow rise throughout the season. Will be exciting when Archie can add depth, length, and scoring to this team in the coming years. 

If this team protects the ball and plays together on both ends of the court, this has all the makings of a team that can make some noise this year. Not sold on a tourney birth by any means, but if they were to somehow get in the dance this season, I could see a little bit of a run. It's nice to finally have a coach in Bloomington again.

Arch said the first thing he was gonna do was get the kids off their feet after 2 games in three days. Very telling his understanding of the grind and long seasons where his teams have peaked in the tournaments. Getting contributions from Hartman & McRoberts we're difference makers tonight and moving forward.

A lot of good points the last few pages.

Re: sum greater than individuals.
This is great for the future when we have more talent. It also keeps "down" years as tourney teams.

Re: senior guard play
Newkirk and Johnson found good rhythms and (mostly) took shots within the flow of the offense. It was nice to see them stay in after hitting a few shots.

I'm not sold on this being a tourney team but the B1G is down this season. If we can mostly protect home court and steal a few against weak competition on the road we could be a bubble team.

If we have our senior guards clicking, our underclassmen playing under control, and a few bounces go our way we can give the Dookies a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

A lot of good points the last few pages.

Re: sum greater than individuals.
This is great for the future when we have more talent. It also keeps "down" years as tourney teams.

Re: senior guard play
Newkirk and Johnson found good rhythms and (mostly) took shots within the flow of the offense. It was nice to see them stay in after hitting a few shots.

I'm not sold on this being a tourney team but the B1G is down this season. If we can mostly protect home court and steal a few against weak competition on the road we could be a bubble team.

If we have our senior guards clicking, our underclassmen playing under control, and a few bounces go our way we can give the Dookies a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think if we win 3 of 5 we should get in come tourney time. Win 1 or 2 and it will come down to a top 5 or 6 finish in conference. The ISU loss was a bad one. We need a good win to minimize the loss. A neutral or road win would help.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

I gotta be honest here. I think i peed myself a little with the coaching. The friggin' Coaching won the game tonight. The changes made at half time, the subs, the defense. I'm going to go have to change my skivvies i'm so happy

I hear you Alaska!  Have to admit my eyes got a little watery when Hartman entered the game to that roar and hit that 3---and I have not seen us be that effective carving up a zone since the Knight era.  Sooooo pleased with the coaching so far!

Some of the play against the zone looks really good. Never seen a Crean team move the ball like this.

Impressive game IMO. Future can be bright. Archie knows his stuff. I'm not sold on this particular team, but I'm certainly enjoying the ride and seeing some worthwhile coaching. Hallelujah!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

45 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's such a refreshing change to know that we have a coach who knows how to make halftime adjustments.

College basketball has just as much to do with coaching as it does with talent. IU finally has a coach and we’ve seen glimpses of his potential. I’m ready for Duke Wednesday. They’re vulnerable. I don’t think those freshman know what type of environment they’re about to endure