Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Post Game Discussion : Eastern Michigan 67 vs Indiana - 87

So pleased with the game. We all have to accept that Assembly Hall is just "that gym". People who have played probably know exactly what im talking about. There was always this one school that we loved to play on the road at because for whatever reason, the hoop looked bigger and u could legit jump 2 or 3 inches higher than normal due to the court structure I assume. That team was never very good so we always rolled them. But, we could get home from that game and immediately go onto our court and be super dissapointed when the rim looked normal again and u try to dunk and can only get ur finger tips wrapped on the rim. Lol. Ours was a brand new court and just seemed to be super unforgiving.

Anyway, yes our 3 point defense can be suspect but when dudes have been ripping contested 3s, it just leads me to believe we may have "that gym" that people love to play on (sans rabid crowd).

And I can't wait until we have more fan buy in and the Hall becomes THE HALL again. The early product leaves some to be desired but as well all know, sleeping giant mode while people feel this team out! I think Hartman might have stirred the pot last night!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

34 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I hope Indiana St improves enough so that game doesn't become an albatross if we're on the bubble. 

I honestly don’t think IU is gonna have to worry about the bubble. But I agree with your point

17 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I honestly don’t think IU is gonna have to worry about the bubble. But I agree with your point

I was about to ask whether you thought we'd be clearly in, or clearly out.  Nevermind.  

Send some Hoosier Guy vibes to the team for Wednesday, eh?

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

I was about to ask whether you thought we'd be clearly in, or clearly out.  Nevermind.  

Send some Hoosier Guy vibes to the team for Wednesday, eh?

I’m confident with the team. They’re gonna improve and we’ve already seen glimpses of the potential. However, I’m cautious with recruiting now. That Garland one taught me a lesson. Never be too confident in recruiting haha

2 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

If there was ever a game to forgive, it's opening night with a new coach/system.

And the fact that Indiana State hit 17 three balls on 26 attempts. That’s just unheard of in a basketball game. I don’t care who the Sycamores would’ve played that night. They wouldn’t have lost to anyone shooting like that