Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Gray area recruiting

Re: Brunson

To me, the fact that Rick was going to turn his son's recruitment into a chance for an assistant coaching gig tells me to be on high alert. I know it is his dads alma mater but realistically Temple was never going to be very good. Whenever recruitments involved fathers looking for coaching gigs and leaving the home area, it enters the gray area to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The dude has been a NBA assistant for 20 years. Is one now for Minnesota. Would it really be that crazy to think he thinks he feels he knows what’s best for his son coaching wise? Obviously everyone told him no if he truly tried that hard. I feel this one is strongly reaching if we are calling this one dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Are we paying players? That crosses a line to me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If i knew it to be a fact I wouldn't post it here but there has been much speculated about some of the Kenny Johnson dealings with some of the east coast kids we recruited.

I only know with certainty of smaller things that have gone on, nothing of the magnitude we are seeing with Louisville but I wouldn't eliminate it as a possibility.

We aren't clean, not many schools can honestly claim that. I believe the ones that are buying houses and cars and cash deposits are a much smaller group but those are very much the big dogs in recruiting, it's not a coincidence.

If i knew it to be a fact I wouldn't post it here but there has been much speculated about some of the Kenny Johnson dealings with some of the east coast kids we recruited.

I only know with certainty of smaller things that have gone on, nothing of the magnitude we are seeing with Louisville but I wouldn't eliminate it as a possibility.

We aren't clean, not many schools can honestly claim that. I believe the ones that are buying houses and cars and cash deposits are a much smaller group but those are very much the big dogs in recruiting, it's not a coincidence.

I wasn't there but have been told stories of the Davis era by people who would know. I doubt there are many winning programs who are 100% clean.

Like sean Miller and Bill self. And just think not one thing will be done about it. Nothing

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk