Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

memphis2

Curtis Jones

Indiana University men’s basketball coach Archie Miller has announced that Curtis Jones, a 6-4 sophomore guard from Richmond, Virginia, has left the basketball program and will transfer at the end of the fall semester. #iubb

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I posted a couple months ago, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

For the record, last season in 33 games Jones averaged 11.2 min/game.  He shot 35% from the field and the same % on his 3's, averaging 3.5 ppg.  He had 31 assists to 24 TO's and 14 steals.

This season through 7 games, he averaged 11.4 min/game.  He was shooting 27% from the field and only 22% on his 3's, averaging 3.0 ppg.  He had 3 assists to 2 TO's and 3 steals.

We sorely needed better production from him and it's simply not there.  No hard feelings; wish him the best and hope he finds the right school.

When we were recruiting him, Georgetown, Oklahoma State and California were the other schools he was considering.

He never, never played with intensity on either end of the court, and especially did not do so on the defensive end.
Ever.
So, I get the impression that he’s a nice kid, but should not be playing for Indiana University.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's insane. Not counting this year's class because we don't know what they'll do, 20 of Crean's 42 recruits either transferred or were dismissed. 9 players completed their eligibility. Seeing the numbers is mind boggling. 

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Curtis-Jones-32499/RecruitInterests

He should have some schools to reach out to him. He looked completely out of it yesterday, almost scared in a sense.

Now we need to find another guard. We're forward heavy going into next year.. 

I’ve seen this before, but don’t really understand it. We have Anderson, Hunter, Phinsee, and possibly Langford. Durham and Green are still on the roster. Why do we need more guards?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I’ve seen this before, but don’t really understand it. We have Anderson, Hunter, Phinsee, and possibly Langford. Durham and Green are still on the roster. Why do we need more guards?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anderson will not be getting major mins. And if we don't get Langford.. we badly need a grad transfer.