Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

memphis2

Curtis Jones

53 minutes ago, IUsafety said:

Or maybe, Romeo is graduating midterm and will be immediately eligible for the spring semester. emoji848.png

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

What would CuJo transferring have to do with Romeo going to Vandy early?

On 12/3/2017 at 3:54 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hearing Courtney Ramey's name mentioned as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Where are you hearing this? I couldn't find any mention. He would be a great get. Right now, it seems like he is still pretty open since decommitting from Lville even though the CB favors Mizzou. 

CJ thing is pretty easy to figure out.  He couldn't get on the floor consistently this year with weaker guards than IU will have next year.  Was he going to play more next year?  Don't think so.  By transferring at the end of the first semester he doesn't have to set out a complete basketball season.  Wherever he goes he will be eligible to play the second semester next year.  That means that his new school won't need to waste a scholarship on him for a non-productive year.  As for missing the first semester at that school and not playing, he is just trading sitting on the bench at IU and not playing much.  If he ends up in a better spot for him, so be it.  Welcome to college basketball in the 21st century.  Come this time next year most people won't remember that he was even on the team.

CJ thing is pretty easy to figure out.  He couldn't get on the floor consistently this year with weaker guards than IU will have next year.  Was he going to play more next year?  Don't think so.  By transferring at the end of the first semester he doesn't have to set out a complete basketball season.  Wherever he goes he will be eligible to play the second semester next year.  That means that his new school won't need to waste a scholarship on him for a non-productive year.  As for missing the first semester at that school and not playing, he is just trading sitting on the bench at IU and not playing much.  If he ends up in a better spot for him, so be it.  Welcome to college basketball in the 21st century.  Come this time next year most people won't remember that he was even on the team.

Is this the BottomLine?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 1/1/2018 at 10:20 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Is this the BottomLine? emoji23.png

Used to work for a newspaper covering thoroughbred horse racing.  I ran a daily betting column where I bet on the horses with a bankroll.  That segment was called the Bottom Line.  The name has just stuck.  

From Jon Rothstein - Source: Oklahoma State's Curtis Jones has had his waiver denied by the NCAA.  Indiana transfer.

That's quite a surprise given the NCAA's recent trend of approving nearly every waiver request it received.

What was this waiver for? Didn’t he already sit out last year?

Is he in competition with Grant Gelon for most schools attended?

Penn State On BTN @PennStateOnBTN
Former Indiana and Oklahoma State combo guard Curtis Jones Jr. has joined @PennStateMBB as a grad transfer:

That’ll add some intrigue to those games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That’ll add some intrigue to those games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Since everyone that was at IU when he was on campus is long gone, not sure about an intrigue factor.

Interesting to see just how much playing time he actually gets.  Although he did average 22 min./game last year at OK State, his 3-year stat history doesn't show any improvement in his game at all.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/curtis-jones-1.html

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Since everyone that was at IU when he was on campus is long gone, not sure about an intrigue factor.

Interesting to see just how much playing time he actually gets.  Although he did average 22 min./game last year at OK State, his 3-year stat history doesn't show any improvement in his game at all.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/curtis-jones-1.html

Weren’t Green and Davis both freshmen with him. 

This was originally reported in June. They seem to have forgotten and reported it again lol