Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

memphis2

Curtis Jones

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

Yet he was wanting an extension two years ago for going to the sweet 16. 

I'd forgotten about that. He also demanded Greenspan to give him an extension before he'd even coached a game...he really did try to squeeze every last dollar he could from our athletic department. Just another reason not to like the guy, in addition to his shotgun approach to recruiting.

Welp, we sure predicted that.

Someone will get something good out of him, I'm sure of it.

The honeymoon is over and it's getting real now.

We had room for Garland and Langford after all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's insane. Not counting this year's class because we don't know what they'll do, 20 of Crean's 42 recruits either transferred or were dismissed. 9 players completed their eligibility. Seeing the numbers is mind boggling. 

I said all summer long that I thought he might be an 'odd man out'. I surely didn't see it coming before this season was finished.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

For the record, last season in 33 games Jones averaged 11.2 min/game.  He shot 35% from the field and the same % on his 3's, averaging 3.5 ppg.  He had 31 assists to 24 TO's and 14 steals.
This season through 7 games, he averaged 11.4 min/game.  He was shooting 27% from the field and only 22% on his 3's, averaging 3.0 ppg.  He had 3 assists to 2 TO's and 3 steals.
We sorely needed better production from him and it's simply not there.  No hard feelings; wish him the best and hope he finds the right school.
When we were recruiting him, Georgetown, Oklahoma State and California were the other schools he was considering.

I wouldn't be surprised if Buzz takes a look at him for VaTech.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Being able to shoot has nothing to do with playing time? You realize how idiotic that sounds right?

If he isn't ready defensively, he won't play. I am not sure his ball handling is ready yet either. 

Don't just see the shiny new thing and assume he will be better then he have. 

I am really excited about DA. This isn't a knock on him at all.. I just am tempering expectations, especially early in the year. 

But yeah, shooting is irrelevant if he will struggle in a lot of the other areas. If you struggle defensively, you don't play, simple. 

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If he isn't ready defensively, he won't play. I am not sure his ball handling is ready yet either. 

Don't just see the shiny new thing and assume he will be better then he have. 

I am really excited about DA. This isn't a knock on him at all.. I just am tempering expectations, especially early in the year. 

But yeah, shooting is irrelevant if he will struggle in a lot of the other areas. If you struggle defensively, you don't play, simple. 

I can buy that.

However, the other things don't make the shooting meaningless.  Being able to shoot is always going to make it more likely that you can earn minutes.

CUJO is a long way from this headline last year... unfortunately.

“In his first college game, the Indiana freshman flashed his ability, improvement and fearlessness, playing a key role in helping the Hoosiers beat No. 3 Kansas in their season opener”

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Really hope for the best for Cujo, always seemed like a likable kid. I remember hearing someone(can’t remember who) say that he had more of an AAU game. I think he would do good in a super fast paced, fast break centered style offense. Tons of potential in the kid, but just not s good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

CUJO is a long way from this headline last year... unfortunately.

“In his first college game, the Indiana freshman flashed his ability, improvement and fearlessness, playing a key role in helping the Hoosiers beat No. 3 Kansas in their season opener”

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He is the only hoosier i can remember to look so good in his first game to essentially disappear after. It is mind boggling imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

He also demanded Greenspan to give him an extension before he'd even coached a game...he really did try to squeeze every last dollar he could from our athletic department.

Didn't he get the extension? Greenspan was one of many morons we have had as AD and president in the last 2 decades.

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Probably but he hit a big time shot on a big stage. He cant hit a wide open shot againt no name u after. Lucky maybe

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Right, I think the same thing. Everyone has the game of their career at some point; it just seems that Cujo had his in his first collegiate game. You could see from games going forward that he wasnt likely to post those numbers (in limited minutes or even in generous minutes) again. Great talent, but he still seems a little raw to me, so it's definitely best that he finds somewhere that he can bring out his potential. In the Archie Era I would like to think we dont have to develop our top 100 4 star recruits as much as a low 3 star like OG or Victor. I wish him all the best wherever he goes.

Seems like a good kid but timing of this is odd....more to it??

Sent from my XT1585 using BtownBanners mobile app

There's always more to it. Jones could have been thinking of transferring for awhile and CAM asked him to take some time. It could have also just been him seeing what was playing out and wanting to get into a new situation sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app