Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

memphis2

Curtis Jones

Does anyone feel like he could give more effort? He’s missing shots, but he seems disinterested and doesn’t look like he competes at a high level. Effort is something you can control.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Fully ecpect him to transfer out after this season.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Curtis isn’t an elite shooter or defender. More of a mix of averages for both it seems. had high hopes for him.

Demazi or hunter will
Start over him next imo

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Does anyone feel like he could give more effort? He’s missing shots, but he seems disinterested and doesn’t look like he competes at a high level. Effort is something you can control.

I said a couple weeks ago, I thought he would transfer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, HoosierRobbie said:

I’m sure you have been told he’s gone right?

This isn't rocket science.  He barely plays on a bad team.  With Phinesee, Anderson, and Hunter aboard he won't play a minute.  He's not content being a sideshow clown like Tim Priller.  He wants to play and that's not going to be at IU.

This isn't rocket science.  He barely plays on a bad team.  With Phinesee, Anderson, and Hunter aboard he won't play a minute.  He's not content being a sideshow clown like Tim Priller.  He wants to play and that's not going to be at IU.

According to you.

2 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

Jones is playing 14 minutes a game. That is the normal rate of a role player. Freddie McSwain is only averaging 10.8 minutes but you wouldn't say "he barely plays." He's getting 3 more minutes a game this year than he did last year. He has no reason to transfer. We don't have any killer freshmen coming in that play the 2 spot.

Anderson and Hunter do and will play the 2. Smith will get major minutes @ 3 although the above, mainly Hunter, will play it also. I don't see him playing anymore minutes next year than he is now. Plus, he needs to be dead eye and a better defender which isn't working now. Good kid I hope he stays but he gets further down the roatation.

I have to say his demeanor reminds me of Jeremy Hollowell.

Some people jumped all over anyone who questioned Hollowell's effort early on, but everyone had the same opinion at the end.

Purely an opinion, but I don't think Jones has it between the ears.

Edited by HoosierX

I have to say his demeanor reminds me of Jeremy Hollowell.
Some people jumped all over anyone who questioned Hollowell's effort early on, but everyone had the same opinion at the end.
Purely an opinion, but I don't think Jones has it between the ears.

Wow actually forgot about Holowell... And for good reason. Lol

CuJo is searching for his role and along with that, his confidence. I know this isn't unique to just him, but he's playing for his second coach in two years at the high major level. Some players need more time to adapt to big changes like that.
Right now I think he's going out there more focused on avoiding mistakes rather than just playing. He needs to look for the dribble drive more often because he seems most comfortable creating off the dribble He seems too timid to do that within this offense right now. However, I haven't been able to watch every game this year so maybe that's an inaccurate observation. All this is just my .02

I will take the opposite position. I think CuJo’s shooting has been off but he did some good things last game that contributed to the win—gave us a spark when it was still close. I agree he needs to improve but it is way to early to talk about transferring. No one on this team has found their 3-point shot yet—it is just as likely CuJo finds his before or at the same time as the others.

What? Hunter and Miller will play the 3 and 4 exclusively. Next year our backcourt will be Green, Jones, Phin, Durham. 

He is referring to coach Miller’s interview after the seton hall game and he said the plan is to the have hunter and Anderson to play as guards. The plan is to get bigger and physical on the perimeter. Now whether that happens who knows but the coach recruited them with being able to develop into guards in mind

I will take the opposite position. I think CuJo’s shooting has been off but he did some good things last game that contributed to the win—gave us a spark when it was still close. I agree he needs to improve but it is way to early to talk about transferring. No one on this team has found their 3-point shot yet—it is just as likely CuJo finds his before or at the same time as the others.

I was thinking the same as well Rebel. Thought he gave us some solid minutes last time out. Effort was better