Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

dyedinthewool

Hartman Return

Has anyone heard how his groin injury is doing?  When he returns, will it be in a starting role and if so, who's minutes does he replace? This team will have a new look with CH on the floor. He is one of, if not the best outside threat on our roster. Senior leadership to go along with high BBIQ. It would be nice to see him back in the fold for the Duke game. With that said, he will not be in the best basketball shape. His absence may be a bit of a blessing as CAM has been able to give our young front court players some valuable early minutes. How do you see CH being utilized moving forward, a starter, or one of the best sixth men in the BIG?

At this point, he and Smith would be my first two off of the bench.

Seeing how the offense runs (according to last night), I can't wait to see him in this fold.

Colin is a good passer.  Our passing in the first half last night looked a little timid.  Once they had success in the 2nd half, it really rolled.

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I believe I saw a quote from Archie that he hoped Hartman would be available post-Eastern MI game which would be for the Duke game.

Yeah basically said they'll see how he feels during the week but he may miss this week and he hopes he'll be ready at least post-Eastern Michigan.

This came out an hour ago:

Indiana coach Archie Miller said it’s possible Hartman returns later this week — IU hosts Arkansas State on Wednesday and Eastern Michigan on Friday — but the goal is to have him ready for the following week when IU meets No. 1 Duke in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, followed by the conference opener at Michigan on Dec. 2.

“You’ve got to be careful, two games in three days with a guy that has a tender groin, especially with the gauntlet that we have coming after this week, just in terms of the amount of teams we play and the quality of the teams that we play,” Miller said. “I can see where Collin might not be looking towards next week maybe with Eastern Michigan, somewhere in there. But I don’t know.”

Full article at: 

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/11/hartman-nearing-return-from-groin-injury/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It would be nice if he got five or ten minutes of run against Eastern Michigan so that the first player he faced coming back isn't Marvin Bagley.

I mean Bagley is going to destroy him regardless... 

Would be great to see some consistent, strong play the next couple games to tune up for Duke and agree that it would be beneficial for Hartman to get some live game action before the Duke game. All I would ask for vs. Duke is to not be intimidated, fight on D, make the smart plays, and make them earn it whether that's from the inside or outside. If we do those things and lose by 25, I can definitely live with that.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This came out an hour ago:

Indiana coach Archie Miller said it’s possible Hartman returns later this week — IU hosts Arkansas State on Wednesday and Eastern Michigan on Friday — but the goal is to have him ready for the following week when IU meets No. 1 Duke in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, followed by the conference opener at Michigan on Dec. 2.

“You’ve got to be careful, two games in three days with a guy that has a tender groin, especially with the gauntlet that we have coming after this week, just in terms of the amount of teams we play and the quality of the teams that we play,” Miller said. “I can see where Collin might not be looking towards next week maybe with Eastern Michigan, somewhere in there. But I don’t know.”

Full article at: 

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/11/hartman-nearing-return-from-groin-injury/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Thanks for the link 6's

Can’t wait to see Hartman back—gives the team a coach on the floor-a hustler-a rebounder- and another 3-point shooter. Hope we get him some minutes in each of the next two games—and then full tilt against Duke. We will have to throw everything at them—including the kitchen sink to stay close. Hartman would be a welcome weapon!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners