Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Post Game Discussion: South Florida 53 vs Indiana 70 | (2-2)

We are a better team with Aljami on the floor!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He will be starting before the end of the season. Archie wants to play inside out and Al seems to be the only guard that will feed the post. Everyone on the DG bandwagon, but he needs to cut back on TO's and bad shots. Seems at times that he is trying to do too much and gets ahead of himself. Also seems a little selfish.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

16 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

He will be starting before the end of the season. Archie wants to play inside out and Al seems to be the only guard that will feed the post. Everyone on the DG bandwagon, but he needs to cut back on TO's and bad shots. Seems at times that he is trying to do too much and gets ahead of himself. Also seems a little selfish.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I disagree that Al is the only guard trying to feed the post, I think DG does this constantly... 

I agree he needs to cut back on turnovers but I honestly believe the more he plays the more his TO will go down because the other guys will get more used to it... ready to catch passes, not being surprised etc.... If the guys were ready to catch the "unexpected" pass his TO numbers would be much lower.... he doesn't telegraph, he doesn't make straight line passes... the bigs need to wipe the butter off their hands and be alert when DG has the ball.

Al on the other hand seems to have a good ability to drive the ball and maybe gets in better angles to make the entry passes so they are easier on the big guys (which is a definite plus).

Also I don't see DG as selfish at all.... everybody is talking about how we need a go to guy to get a shot in the clutch and to me he is that guy..... he can create for himself and others while not being scared to take the shot....

I disagree that Al is the only guard trying to feed the post, I think DG does this constantly... 
I agree he needs to cut back on turnovers but I honestly believe the more he plays the more his TO will go down because the other guys will get more used to it... ready to catch passes, not being surprised etc.... If the guys were ready to catch the "unexpected" pass his TO numbers would be much lower.... he doesn't telegraph, he doesn't make straight line passes... the bigs need to wipe the butter off their hands and be alert when DG has the ball.
Al on the other hand seems to have a good ability to drive the ball and maybe gets in better angles to make the entry passes so they are easier on the big guys (which is a definite plus).
Also I don't see DG as selfish at all.... everybody is talking about how we need a go to guy to get a shot in the clutch and to me he is that guy..... he can create for himself and others while not being scared to take the shot....

Re: go to player. It seems there are some players who shy away from that clutch shot on this team. Hopefully when we get a few players hitting their shots it elevates everyone else too.

I agree about being ready to catch passes. Part of it is his maturity (knowing when to make a pass or when he should simply reset) and part is players not being ready to catch.

Green tries to do too much sometimes. I don't see that as selfish but as a sophomore he doesn't see anyone else on the team stepping up. He has some NY dog in him too. He'll get there eventually but does need to be reminded when you don't take care of the ball you take a seat.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There isn't really a perfect Thread for this but since I noticed it in this game in particular and I haven't seen anybody else mention it I thought I would and get thoughts....

I noticed on almost every in-bounds play on our side of the court we would inbound the ball to the near corner, immediately pass to the closest wing, who immediately passed to the other wing, who immediately passed to the far corner.... Then we would reset and get into our offense. Did anybody else notice this?

Thoughts on the purpose?

Are they looking for options along that path to attack or shoot, or is it simply just being engraved into them to stretch the floor by doing this?

On 11/20/2017 at 1:44 PM, incrediboy said:

I like your lineup and your conclusion. I don't necessarily agree that it would be a worse nightmare with Crean at the helm since the guys already know how to play his style of game...they might actually be looking better than they have so far but the ultimate ceiling would be lower. I wouldn't go back for anything.

I'd LOVE to see this team win 20 games, which would mean at least 11-12 wins in the conference. 

The thing is though, Crean's teams won with threes, offense, and a stud PG. This team doesn't have the shooting or PG and struggles with offense in general. Regardless, let's forget the hypotheticals!

I'm optimistic about Archie and the way he conducts business. I think he can mold this team into something much better than what we have seen thus far.