Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

A Reason For Optimism

It's the dumb ones who do the most ribbing. All you have to do is remind them where two of their best backyard prospects have committed to play ball next season. Odds are they won't even know, which means you get to be the one to educate them!

And remind them who got right to the top of the pack with two top ten guys for 2018 in no time at all. And 2019? It's looking pretty darn good for the candy stripes so far.

Gah, I can't wait! I hope it's a long and insufferable Archie Era for those Purdue Pete-r Eaters.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hate having to use "future success" as a means to argue. pu has a solid team that could be top 3 in the B1G and make it to the sweet 16. It's not a coincidence they've been (relatively) successful when IU has been down.

I hate having to use "future success" as a means to argue. pu has a solid team that could be top 3 in the B1G and make it to the sweet 16. It's not a coincidence they've been (relatively) successful when IU has been down.

Like you, I'd obviously love to cite current success instead of having to lean on the future. And I don't want to go banners because, well, it's been too long now unless we're talking program histories.

I also wouldn't deny to anyone the relative success of Matt Painter's program in recent years. But I will never concede to Purdoo or it's fans....Ever.
If I have to use the up-and-coming approach, so be it.

4 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

It's the dumb ones who do the most ribbing. All you have to do is remind them where two of their best backyard prospects have committed to play ball next season. Odds are they won't even know, which means you get to be the one to educate them!

And remind them who got right to the top of the pack with two top ten guys for 2018 in no time at all. And 2019? It's looking pretty darn good for the candy stripes so far.

Gah, I can't wait! I hope it's a long and insufferable Archie Era for those Purdue Pete-r Eaters.

Yep, I totally agree with your first sentence.  I've been an IU fan since before I was in high school, but have a Purdue degree in Engineering, and as you'd expect work with many Purdue people.  They know I'm an IU fan, but never started up with me and I extended the same courtesy to them.  I did overhear conversations between two PU fans saying things about IU but it wasn't directed toward me and I could not have cared less.

More often than not it's the ones that never attended either school that want to sling the most crap.  Just don't get me started on Michigan grads, thankfully they're few and far between in my travels but the ones I've dealt with can only be described as delusional zealots (and these were grads with a Master's degrees).

The players are still in the thinking mode at both ends of the floor. They're learning an entire new system. As they adapt and have more confidence, we will see strides on both ends of the floor. CAM is still in the learning mode as well with this team. The rotations will become more and more effective as he learns the players capabilities. We have a tough stretch coming up, but not to worry, it will prepare us for January and beyond.

Three relatively easier games in a row, and then a five game stretch of Duke, Michigan, Iowa, Louisville and Notre Dame. If we, by some combination of a miracle and marked improvement could win two out of that five game stretch, the ship will officially have been righted.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

59 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Three relatively easier games in a row, and then a five game stretch of Duke, Michigan, Iowa, Louisville and Notre Dame. If we, by some combination of a miracle and marked improvement could win two out of that five game stretch, the ship will officially have been righted.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Might as well make it Michigan and Iowa to go up 2-0 in the B1G.

I say let them enjoy it now. We know what’s coming, and they have a pretty good idea, if they are honest with themselves. Their problem has always been that their focus is on beating IU, or being better than IU. Let them have their memories of that year they were better than us before we started competing on a national stage again.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 hours ago, Old Friend said:

All of them are.  Don't kid yourself.   Any fan base that chants "IU Sucks" when they're playing Western Arkansas has a problem well beyond anything they can solve.  The arrogance of that fan base having never won a damned thing outside of a conference championship is laughable.  They DO take more pleasure in the failure of IU than they do their own success.   That's not your imagination.  They get less coverage in newspapers around here for a reason.    Radio shows don't talk about Purdue for a reason.  Their complex is real and always will be.   They are little brother with a drum, banging it and bragging about the size of it hoping someone will care.  

Now, I HATE the "hoo hoo hoo Hoosier!" chant.  Hate it.   But at least we're not   https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boiler up

oh, i absolutely agree that it's all of them, i was just trying to be nice on here, haha. I definitely like your way of stating it better...and believe me, i sure as heck make sure i let them know what i think of them when they have something to say!! 

Hmm.... am I mistaken? I thought the announcer last night said attendance was 17K +. Looks like the official attendance was 11,629.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Well they just go off the sales.. stub hub or whoever buying all the tickets for resale.. it appears they sold all tix.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

On 11/18/2017 at 0:46 AM, IUrocker said:

Uggh, already sick of my Purdue co-workers giving me the 'ol "how about them Hoosiers?!"....if they only knew what's coming...all of them are just about the most ignorant, immature people you'll ever meet, too. (Not saying all purdue fans are, but these particular guys certainly fit the bill). They seem to care more about how bad IU does rather than how well their team does. My obsession with IUBB let's it really get under my skin, haha. 

Friends and i have come to call this the "little brother complex". We look at it as you know how the younger brother always strives to beat or be better than the older brother. Any time the younger brother gets a chance to rip on the older brother, he always rips on them and never lets you hear the end of it. While the older brother (knows what success feels like and knows not every game/month/year is going to be roses) knows that he may be down but knows he will be back on top soon and just takes all this crap as fuel for the fire. We dont berate them with excuses (crean left a crap team) or bring up banners (been too long), we just sit there and smile and say alright, just remember this, you may have us now, but dont get used to it. This is coming from someone who is dating and living with a Purdue fan. This cant turn around soon enough ha