Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Post Game Discussion: Indiana - 68 vs Seton Hall - 84

I'm sorry but if JN and Rojo can't contribute more than they are it time to just let the underclass man take over and let them build experience. Rojo can't find the bottom of the net on any shot over 6ft from the basket. JN makes more freshman mistakes than the actual freshman. Davis was eliminated by the refs tonight. I really don't know what it is about B1G refs other than they are just terrible. Love having CAM on the sideline but I would be pulling my hair out if I was him. I'm fairly certain after he watches the film from tonight he is going to see that with DG off the floor and our senior guards on, our offense stalls no effective cuts to the basket, lazy post passes (if there is a post pass), and lots of dribbling. And one more thing why the hell does JN drive to the dam corner?

I really like our freshman, they need as much experience as they can get before conference play starts. I really believe the core or our scoring as the season progresses will come from DD, DG, JS, and AD.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Like I said before

Greene

Al

Smith

Morgan

Davis

All need the most minutes and need to start and finish games. It's our best line-up.. we'll see where Collin could fit.

Rojo and Josh shouldn't see the floor for more than 5 minutes. Nor should they play together at any period of time. 

Will do, but after a long offseason it would've have been nice to have hope beyond 1 game into the season. Lol.

We should be better, but we just have funky roster composition. Not enough size or talent.

Next year will be exciting but I'm not sure we will be good next year either, tbh.

Romeo would help, but I fear we don't have the right kind of size/athleticism/skill to make a truly competitive team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t disagree on the roster. I don’t know what Crean was building with this one and this roster as currently constructed is a big reason why he is gone. I feel we are making progress on the defensive end. Biggest problem is our upperclassmen being soft imo. We get punched in the mouth they can’t respond. That is something I want to see changed as the season unfolds.

This is just my opinion, and I'm sure I'll get hammered for it. But frankly, I don't give a damn. Bashing the officials is pretty weak, and such a Purdue thing to do. The truth is, we got our tails kicked tonight. Poor officiating is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure if there are Seton Hall boards, their fans would have as many complaints as we do. I remember the season before we had the No. 1 team most of the season. We went up to Purdue, were tied with about 5-6 minutes left, then just blew them out of the gym. Won by 17 or something like that. It was our first win over the PUs in a while and I was stoked. Then I saw a handful of my relatives (I'm from a half IU-PU family), put crap on facebook and send emails and texts about how the officials blew the game for the Toiletmakers. Really honked me off. Complaining about the refs ... I don't know, it's just so damn whiny. 

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I feel like if we were really still a blueblood we wouldn't be depending on yet another multi-year rebuild. I don't know...I guess after how many years we wasted on Crean and Davis I'm just tired of feeling like we're always rebuilding.

Me too. That's why we were hanging our hats on Garland so much.

Really need instant talent influx to compete with the best.

Our incoming class is solid for building but not for making an instant contender.

He knew what he was going to have. He will right the ship. Coach Ks first 3byrs at Duke weren't very good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

We've been waiting patiently for 25 years since we were good. If archie doesn't pan out I don't think I can take another rebuild. It's Archie or bust for the program.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Davis needs to avoid dumb fouls at all costs - without him we have no answer inside.  Juwan was invisible for the first part of the game, then became much more active.  Our senior guards were lackluster.  I'm pretty pleased with out freshmen as a group and hope they stay healthy and get lots of experience this year.

We're not very good right now, but you can definitely see they're trying to implement a system and that's encouraging, IMO.  It almost brought a tear (of joy) to my eye when I saw several occasions of immediate pine-time after poor play.

And oh yeah, that Rodriguez dude is a douchenozzle.

We've been waiting patiently for 25 years since we were good. If archie doesn't pan out I don't think I can take another rebuild. It's Archie or bust for the program.

That’s where I am. If Archie doesn’t succeed here, I don’t know what I’ll do as a fan. It’s like putting your heart and soul into supporting IU basketball and getting absolutely nothing back.

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Actuarially speaking, I don't have 25 more years to wait!

22 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

It’s going to take us s few  years to be relevant again

It will be amazing what a true pg will do for this team next year. I love our class and freshmen as well as Green and Davis. I think we're gonna be a lot better than people think next year.

1 minute ago, yogisballin said:

Thru 3 games. 49 turnovers!!! Opponents shooting 39-77 from 3pt range, good for 50.6%.

We're playing 3 freshmen and averaging 16 TOs a game.  That's no worse than last year really.   There's reason to believe we can finally begin to improve in that area (eventually).

That’s where I am. If Archie doesn’t succeed here, I don’t know what I’ll do as a fan. It’s like putting your heart and soul into supporting IU basketball and getting absolutely nothing back.

Exactly. Im at the end of my rope if Archie doesn't work out. I thought Sampson was going to kill it. Wrong. Actually thought Davis would do well. Wrong. Hated the crean hire and thought he should of been fired two years ago. Right. Excited about Archie mostly because it meant crean was gone. I want to think he will kill it but who knows.