Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Post Game Discussion: Indiana - 68 vs Seton Hall - 84

Game Day--Fire Up Hoosiers! As Archie said--it's time for the Hoosiers to "MAN UP"! No pressure on this one and since Seton Hall is so favored --I expect us to exceed expectations. Plus--with the injuries--it will be great seeing the young guns get some play! Traditionally the Pirates are not a great 3-point shooting team so I expect us to stay within striking distance in this one. We have to have a decent start to both halves. Let's go Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

i have to be honest guys. My love for Indiana basketball is coming back.. After that L to Cuse in the sweet 16, it fell off dramatically.

Archie gives me hope. Let's get a W tonight!

I'm with you. While I think this years team is going to be pretty bad, I also think Archie is the real deal. IU basketball is in good hands. I just hope the fanbase is willing to be patient this season. There seems to be an odd lack of enthusiasm right now, maybe some partly due to the ISU lost, but even going into that game it seemed odd to me. 

Maybe my imagination, or maybe fans are just tired of the last 15+ years and waiting to be shown the success before buying in fully. Either way, as I said I think IU basketball is in good hands and we got the real deal with Archie. Just a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

i have to be honest guys. My love for Indiana basketball is coming back.. After that L to Cuse in the sweet 16, it fell off dramatically.

Archie gives me hope. Let's get a W tonight!

This is what we rode the tank train for man. My spirit went down the drain after that Syracuse loss. It’s back now. Archie is gonna lead IU back to the promised land

This is what we rode the tank train for man. My spirit went down the drain after that Syracuse loss. It’s back now. Archie is gonna lead IU back to the promised land

I agree, I was just hoping it would be a faster transition.

My shock of how we have looked so far, hasn't worn off.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I was hoping we would be further along than we are, but I can't say I'm shocked. I honestly don't think we would have looked a ton better under Crean's system though. This is obviously all theoretical, but the D wouldn't have been any better and the shooters aren't there to spread the floor.

I think long-term, CAM's system will be better for this team, and moving forward. Also, Hartman wouldn't be here, and most likely Johnson would have moved on. Of course, neither has helped us much so far anyway.

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It’ll be alright. I wouldn’t be surprised if IU wins tonight. Of course, with a new mentality of not getting my hopes up, it’ll be even better when IU does something right

Of course i want to win tonight, but what i want to see more than anything is some fight. I want to see which players really want to play, players who will fight for loose balls, who will scrap on the boards, who gives it 100% on every play no matter what, i want to see kids who know its a privilege and an honor to have "Indiana" across their jersey. Basically i want to see kids play Indiana basketball

It’s not over before it starts guys, it’s just not. SH could come out sluggish, could struggle shooting, could lack communication and effort on defense. I think after 2 games we are all expecting teams to make 17 contested 3’s and every 40’ desperation shot clock heave. It’s just not realistic. I’m not blind, the team has its issues but we don’t exactly know what the team is yet until fully healthy. It’s a tough early season test that they could lose or win based on their effort level. Start with that. Playing hard. Balls out 40 min. That’s a win as well.

Just looking at those 4 teams in Chicago last night..... unfortunately, we are light years away from playing like that.
Got your work cut out for ya Arch but, we’re behind you!!

I hope Morgan plays. I am really hoping he can start playing as well as when he was a freshman. He’s slacked off. Needs to find his groove. He’s got the talent to be REALLY GOOD!

Let’s GO HOOSIERS !!

6 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Hey guys can anyone bless me with a link to watch the game tonight. I’m at work and would really like to watch the game in between calls

6 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Hey guys can anyone bless me with a link to watch the game tonight. I’m at work and would really like to watch the game in between calls

Might work:   https://www.foxsportsgo.com/program/288830/indiana-at-seton-hall

3 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Ahhh the tank train. Classic days.