Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierHoops1

Thomas Bryant - Miami Heat

Can anyone explain to me why fans loved TB freshman year and now it seems like our fans want him to fail? now when I get on Twitter the people talking bad about him are all IU Fans.. it's really not a good look for recruits to see fans hating on a guy who decided not to be a one and done and come back for a second season. It's widespread and I guess I just want someone to explain it to me? I don't really think the failures last year can be blamed on the players. Even here I see people saying he won't amount to anything in the nba..he works his @$$ off!! this is a major reason why he didn't stay. I think people need to remember they are kids at the end of the day

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Is it hating on him to think he doesn't have the skill to make it in the NBA? I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes it in the NBA. That's not hating on him. I truly wish every IU player would make the league after a successful career at IU. It's just that not everyone is cutout for the NBA and I don't see his skills translating.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Can anyone explain to me why fans loved TB freshman year and now it seems like our fans want him to fail? now when I get on Twitter the people talking bad about him are all IU Fans.. it's really not a good look for recruits to see fans hating on a guy who decided not to be a one and done and come back for a second season. It's widespread and I guess I just want someone to explain it to me? I don't really think the failures last year can be blamed on the players. Even here I see people saying he won't amount to anything in the nba..he works his @$$ off!! this is a major reason why he didn't stay. I think people need to remember they are kids at the end of the day

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

When the winning stopped his on-court antics grew old for me. He demonstrated a lack of really any emotional control last year. Him trying to be a perimeter player instead of playing in the post also drove me crazy. 

When I comment on his professional outlooks it's just based on what I've seen of his game. He got bodied by Fort Wayne's bigs last year. He's tall and long which is good but he lacks the foot speed to play on the wing in the NBA. He's not going to be able to guard perimeter players. His frame is going to hurt him when he tries banging in the post. If he succeeds then good for him but I just don't think it'll happen. Noah Vonleh has struggled so far in his career and his game is much better suited for the NBA than TB's, imo. 

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

When the winning stopped his on-court antics grew old for me. He demonstrated a lack of really any emotional control last year. Him trying to be a perimeter player instead of playing in the post also drove me crazy. 

When I comment on his professional outlooks it's just based on what I've seen of his game. He got bodied by Fort Wayne's bigs last year. He's tall and long which is good but he lacks the foot speed to play on the wing in the NBA. He's not going to be able to guard perimeter players. His frame is going to hurt him when he tries banging in the post. If he succeeds then good for him but I just don't think it'll happen. Noah Vonleh has struggled so far in his career and his game is much better suited for the NBA than TB's, imo. 

Noah Vonleh is still only 21 years old. He already has three years of NBA experience. For perspective, Cody Zeller was 21 years old his rookie season in Charlotte. Like Noah, Thomas came into college as an extremely young freshman. They both have plenty of time to develop into capable role players in the NBA. 

1.) I didn't attempt to measure the impact. I merely said it's not a good look, which is pretty indisputable.
2.) If you do want me to measure it, I would say it is impactful. IUBB twitter has 946,000 followers on Twitter, the most of any college basketball program. IUBB Facebook has 330,000 followers. So people do see this. Of course, how fans act on social media is not, and probably never will be, the major deciding factor for a kid, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good look. I just wish adults would act like adults online, but that's kinda a broader issue in our society right now.

Not trying to be that guy but @DukeMBB has 1.5 mil

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 6/26/2017 at 6:17 AM, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Not trying to be that guy but @DukeMBB has 1.5 mil

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And how many of those can name 1 Duke player besides Grayson Allen? Not because he's good, but because they've watched tripping videos?

32 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

And how many of those can name 1 Duke player besides Grayson Allen? Not because he's good, but because they've watched tripping videos?

I could name a few off the top of my head along with some IU players as well. The on court antics need to go no one wants to see college athletes act like petulant children. Also go look at the temper tantrum video because I can confidently say my younger sister could give him a run for his money in the drama department. 

Just got done watching the game. Thomas played very well. Loved that he did the exact things that are eventually going to result in a long career as a rotational big. Didn't force a thing, just did what he does. Loved it.

Ball, on the other hand, whoa. Forget the shooting, that's no big deal. He could not stay in front of Kendall Marshall and couldn't beat him off the dribble in the half court. At all. Kendall Freaking Marshall. I'm not sure who he defends. Probably have to cross match him with the 2, but I'm not sure his lateral quickness holds up against a decent 2.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Just got done watching the game. Thomas played very well. Loved that he did the exact things that are eventually going to result in a long career as a rotational big. Didn't force a thing, just did what he does. Loved it.

Ball, on the other hand, whoa. Forget the shooting, that's no big deal. He could not stay in front of Kendall Marshall and couldn't beat him off the dribble in the half court. At all. Kendall Freaking Marshall. I'm not sure who he defends. Probably have to cross match him with the 2, but I'm not sure his lateral quickness holds up against a decent 2.

For Ball welcome to the NBA it is no longer college ball where you're scoring 20+ points a night playing cupcake teams early in the season.