Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

IU @ Illinois 12pm kick and 11am central time.

30 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

20-27 for 189 yards and a TD in the first half.  That is not "awful."  Your agenda is noted, obvious, and tired.  That was a poor throw.  Happens to every QB who ever played the game, and his next one to Cobbs was terrific.    Get over it.  

You conveniently left off the terribly underthrown INT he also threw. Your agenda is also noted, obvious, and tired. It goes both ways. You love Lagow. I don't. It is what it is. Also, that Cobbs catch was all Cobbs. It was just a lob up for grabs, and Cobbs did his thing. Lagow gets no credit for that one. 

24 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Ramsey has a leg injury from the Rutgers game. He is out this game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Magnanimous said:

Timeline?

Did Ramsey go back to the future and get hurt? Marty! You got to make sure your leg is OK or you'll change the future!

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Pitiful effort by the defense. Just pitiful. Although the offense doesn't do them any favors with their 3 play, 30 second drives.

Just a bad football team. This is usually when I say I'm glad it's basketball season, but...

We're a soccer/swimming school

I think a big reason why many of us have soured on Lagow is that he's big, he has a huge arm and he's not terribly mobile -- much like the quarterback he replaced. We all want(ed) him to be another Nate Sudfeld. Even though the best we did with him behind center was 6-6, Sudfeld had a monster senior year (by IU standards): 27 TDs, 7 picks, over 3,500 yards passing. Since Lagow was remarkably similar to him in many ways, we expected the same since he's the one who replaced Nate. But unfortunately, he's not remarkably similar in skill level or decision-making -- or in anything, for that matter. In fact, it's not even close. 

This is the time of year when our lack of quality depth rears its ugly head. The team is plagued by injuries from playing a murderous schedule. By the end of games our guys are gassed. Better players and better depth is sorely needed.