Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

IU @ Illinois 12pm kick and 11am central time.

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Illinois in '11 was Crean's first win over a ranked team. We celebrated like we had won the national championship. Rushed the court, wild celebration in the lobby, total mayhem. It was embarrassing.

Better or worse than rushing the court after beating Minnesota in OT in 2010?

On 11/11/2017 at 0:51 PM, Old Friend said:

Your agenda is noted, also; and is equally obvious and tired.  No.  I do not "love" him.  If you've read anything the last 9 weeks, you'd know that.  That's a very elementary and simple response.  You guys (about 5 of you) are always - and I mean every time he plays - unfairly critical in favor of a kid who can't throw the ball 20 yards and who led Indiana to several offensively anemic losses without even a word of objectivity from you.   You have zero credibility in the discussion until you're objective.   I told you exactly what Ramsey was and I was exactly right.   Lagow has his limitations, but to call him "awful" because of one mediocre throw when he put up those numbers was wrong.  As with you, his agenda is anti Lagow.  I'm just defending the kid.  Doesn't mean I love him as a player.   He is needed, and he has played relatively well today.  Maybe 2 bad throws.  A whole lot more really good throws.

This battle back and forth between Ramsey and Lagow is a moot point b/c no matter who we started we would probably have the same exact record. All in all, it's a disappointment considering everything we had coming back to start the year. However, injuries really hurt us and the team has failed to really show hardly any improvement on either side of the ball. That is a disappointment in itself. Hopefully we can end on a good note and if Ramsey is still injured you have to go with Lagow as the QB. 

Bottom line: the OL(some was injuries) was simply not good enough until this point.
With this OL.. you absolutely had to play Ramsey at QB.. literally no choice at all.

I honestly, honestly believe with Westbrooke and/or Hale we win the Michigan and MSU games... those two teams knew Mack couldn't get open against whoever was guarding him. Not faulting Mack.. just young and needs to add 10lbs. Those two teams basically doubled Simmie the entire game. That does not happen if either of those two are able to play.

I believe we will have a stellar offense next season. The OL brings EVERY guy back. The WR core should be as good as anyone in the country. The RBs should be very solid and deep. Watercutter will be back I hope, he's serviceable.. and Peyton Hendershot has big time potential.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Bottom line: the OL(some was injuries) was simply not good enough until this point.
With this OL.. you absolutely had to play Ramsey at QB.. literally no choice at all.

I honestly, honestly believe with Westbrooke and/or Hale we win the Michigan and MSU games... those two teams knew Mack couldn't get open against whoever was guarding him. Not faulting Mack.. just young and needs to add 10lbs. Those two teams basically doubled Simmie the entire game. That does not happen if either of those two are able to play.

I believe we will have a stellar offense next season. The OL brings EVERY guy back. The WR core should be as good as anyone in the country. The RBs should be very solid and deep. Watercutter will be back I hope, he's serviceable.. and Peyton Hendershot has big time potential.

You do realize Simmie is probably going to the draft right?

You do realize Simmie is probably going to the draft right?

As far as I know that's yet to be decided.. I honestly don't think he has shown enough to go.

But ok.. let's say he does go...

Westbrook, Hale, Mack, Whop, Timian(hopefully), Fryfogle.. one more of the young guys develop.. that's still a very good group.

Would you say otherwise?

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

As far as I know that's yet to be decided.. I honestly don't think he has shown enough to go.

But ok.. let's say he does go...

Westbrook, Hale, Mack, Whop, Timian(hopefully), Fryfogle.. one more of the young guys develop.. that's still a very good group.

Would you say otherwise?

Apparently, he will participate in senior day. Doesn't for sure mean he goes but it is significant. I can't really blame him because do we know if his stock will go up next year with our QB situation?

Definitely a solid group of WR's. I saw enough from Westbrook the year before to really like him. Hale was hurt most of the year but looked the part in the games he played. Timian back would be huge. The other guys showed glimpses so assuming one steps up we are fine.

Our offense should improve but calling it stellar seems quite premature. The QB and OL positions both must take a big step foward. Can they? Absolutely and I hope they do. The defense on the other hand...that should be interesting.  

Apparently, he will participate in senior day. Doesn't for sure mean he goes but it is significant. I can't really blame him because do we know if his stock will go up next year with our QB situation?
Definitely a solid group of WR's. I saw enough from Westbrook the year before to really like him. Hale was hurt most of the year but looked the part in the games he played. Timian back would be huge. The other guys showed glimpses so assuming one steps up we are fine.
Our offense should improve but calling it stellar seems quite premature. The QB and OL positions both must take a big step foward. Can they? Absolutely and I hope they do. The defense on the other hand...that should be interesting.  

I think Ramsey is going to be a very good player. OL with another year under their belt and hopefully better health next year.. yeah I'm looking at this through crimson colored glasses.. but it's not far fetched.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think Ramsey is going to be a very good player. OL with another year under their belt and hopefully better health next year.. yeah I'm looking at this through crimson colored glasses.. but it's not far fetched.

I was in on the Ramsey fan club this year too. He showed guts and made some nice throws at times. I like that he is mobile especially with the defenses we have to face every year (Mich, OSU, Mich St, Penn State). We ran the designed QB option though too often imo and it usually didn't turn out well. I really like Ellison and i hope he can become the every down featured back and get 15-20 touches a game. 

I like your optimism on next season. I had the same optimism coming into this one as I know many on this board did as well. Therefore, trying to temper it a bit. There's no denying though that outside of losing Thomas and maybe Cobbs the entire offense will be back, which is huge. 

As disappointing as the lows have been at times this season, I believe it would do wonders for the psyche of players, coaches, and fans if this team can finish with wins over Rutgers and Purdue (Purdue, on the road, would actually be a decent win considering their small improvements this year).  Find a way to win the bowl game and this team finishes 7 - 6.  An improvement, albeit a small one, over the last 2 years.  It would at least be a step in the right direction and yet another small building block in the long project of turning the historically worst program in division 1 football around. 

Edited by BabyJandJDaddy
Typo

16 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I like your optimism on next season. I had the same optimism coming into this one as I know many on this board did as well. 

I've struggled through IU football for 50+ years.  Optimism for me is to not finish last in the B1G and beat PUke.  I've experienced way too much bad IU football to offset the few years that we have at least been competitive.