Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 2 - Howard 11/12/17)

IU  74
How  70

The interesting thing is that I truly believe that you are a true blue Indiana University basketball fan, but go through this world absolutely convinced that things are generally not going to go well, no matter what.

As for this game? I have a sneaking suspicion that if Howard comes out and hits the first two 3 pointers an Indiana defender will pick up a technical foul for knocking a Howard player on his @$$ the next time he attempts one. In other words, I have confidence that Archie will put incredibly major stress on our team not playing “soft“.
Indiana 86, Howard 51.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The interesting thing is that I truly believe that you are a true blue Indiana University basketball fan, but go through this world absolutely convinced that things are generally not going to go well, no matter what.

As for this game? I have a sneaking suspicion that if Howard comes out and hits the first two 3 pointers an Indiana defender will pick up a technical foul for knocking a Howard player on his @$$ the next time he attempts one. In other words, I have confidence that Archie will put incredibly major stress on our team not playing “soft“.
Indiana 86, Howard 51.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's not true at all.  I have a very positive outlook on most things in life. 

As far as IU basketball, I was only a few years old the 87 championship and was very young during the Calbert Cheaney years.  I don't really remember any of that.  I started really following IU basketball strongly about 20 years ago and it has mostly been a trainwreck.  The 2002 tourney run was amazing but really a curse in disguise as it ultimately led to 4 more of Mike Davis and then Kelvin Sampson, etc.  Without it we probably fire Davis a year later, hire Thad Matta, and have a few more FFs on our resume along with maybe banner 6.

I was a student at IU for 7 years and they were the last 3 years of Davis, the Sampson era, and the first 2 years of Crean.  Not exactly the best era of IU basketball.  Some of you older guys remember the Bob Knight glory years but I do not.  So if I'm somewhat negative from time to time that hopefully explains it.  I have said many times that Indiana is the sleeping giant of the college basketball world and has only lacked a good coach for about 20 years.  I think we finally have the right guy in Archie and am very optimistic about our future.

Edited by dbmhoosier