Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Game Thread: Indiana State Friday 7pm BTNplus

IU played bad, but ISU played out of their mind. It’s one game and let’s see how the team reacts to this embarrassing loss. Hell after one game last year, I thought possible final four. It’s a long season and won’t be defined by this one game. Some players are going to have to step up... let’s wait a few games before we start overreacting to this bad performance. Hopefully it lights a fire under this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Great post

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Feathery said:

We watched different games. I was watching guys getting yanked for stupid play. Did they get back in? Yes, but then yanked again when they messed up.  I also saw Al come in and stay in bc he was willing to fight. 

How did Rojo play so much then. 

The suckamores could not miss. I thought our defense showed some potential. It is definitely better than last year. The threes were just raining even when contested or there was a hail Mary at the shot clock. There was ZERO leadership. Al was doing good things. Green didn't show up. Cujo was all over the place trying to force things. DD was doing some good things but got tired and made dumb mistakes. I'm not going to say anything about ROJO. I think CAM kept him in to try to get him out of his slump. Something is going on behind the scenes and I believe it has affected his game. Something is WAY off. Archie is going to right the ship.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

This game couldn’t have been any worse. We’ll definitely see who’s cut out for this team. Archie is gonna run these dogs like crazy. And yeah I’m saying dogs because they played like that tonight. Not junkyard dawgs but scared puppy dogs. The team wasn’t prepared to play either. That’s on coaching

I agree with everything here. I'm not saying Crean was a better coach. That is still to be determined. Archie nas never coached in the Big Ten so we we see. With that said, no way does IU lose this game the way it did if Crean was there tonight. This team was not prepared to play tonight. Its just as much on Archie as it is on the team. No where to go but up.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie Miller: "The fight, the toughness, I think you’re seeing a team that’s having to learn how to play a new way, and they don’t know how to win yet doing it this way. I make no excuses — Indiana State was ready, and Indiana wasn’t."

Archie Miller with a follow-up to the "soft" quote: "I sort of mean not physically soft, not incapable, I think it’s more of a resolve, a mental toughness that we have to go harder, we have to play stronger, we have to get the job done.

2 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

I agree with everything here. I'm not saying Crean was a better coach. That is still to be determined. Archie nas never coached in the Big Ten so we we see. With that said, no way does IU lose this game the way it did if Crean was there tonight. This team was not prepared to play tonight. Its just as much on Archie as it is on the team. No where to go but up.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t see how you can say IU for sure wins this game with Crean. IU doesn’t win this game with anyone the way they played tonight