Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana vs. (9) Wisconsin Game Thread 11/4 12:00PM ET ABC

Somebody help me out here.  On that reversal play, the referee blew the whistle while the ball was still on the ground.  How can a player take possession after the play is blown dead?

Just now, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Wiscy getting help from the officials--protecting the unbeaten

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Sadly, we've seen it time and time again.  If it's close the big10 officials will always do whatever it takes to protect a ranked team against IU.  It's just one of the many reasons I hate this league.

I think it would be interesting to see Lagow run suicides with the IU basketball team. The hoopsters would be to the mid-court line and back before Lagow even makes it to the first free-throw line. That dude is really, really, really, slow. 

This is incredibly aggravating. We could've had like 1:10 left with two timeouts and instead we just go into the half without trying. This is what I hate about our team. We don't take any chances and lose a close game every week. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is incredibly aggravating. We could've had like 1:10 left with two timeouts and instead we just go into the half without trying. This is what I hate about our team. We don't take any chances and lose a close game every week. 

For as much as people touted Wilson as an aggressive gunslinger, he had a tendency to go ultra-conservative in games like this. The reason we don't beat the big boys is because we're timid and we play not to lose. I really thought Allen could be the guy to change that, but it doesn't look like it.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

For as much as people touted Wilson as an aggressive gunslinger, he had a tendency to go ultra-conservative in games like this. The reason we don't beat the big boys is because we're timid and we play not to lose. I really thought Allen could be the guy to change that, but it doesn't look like it.

Like, we have nothing to lose by taking chances. I don't get why we don't. If we keep it close the refs will just end up screwing us in the end. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

And when you're playing a top-10 team, why not pull out all the stops? That 3rd and 21 killed me. We didn't even try. Lagow ran 3 yards and slid, then we punted. That's chickensh-t football! 

Lagow has to have about -200 yards rushing on the year. He'd be an infinitely better QB if he threw the ball away.

**** the refs and the B1G.

Hornibrook should have been picked off several more times.

It's easy to run when you hold on every play and the refs swallow their whistle.

IU continues shoot itself in the foot. This week it appears the offense decided sacks and negative plays would be the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners