Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana vs. (9) Wisconsin Game Thread 11/4 12:00PM ET ABC

I know a lot of us are feeling disappointed by the way this season has turned out; especially after last week's game but damn it we can still make a bowl game!! An undefeated Wisconsin comes into town this week and it will be our 5th ranked opponent of the season (can you say tough schedule!?). I don't think anyone expects us to win this game (myself included), but Wisconsin has not looked that strong and they have the benefit of playing in the west division, so I wouldn't be surprised if we kept it close. ESPN's Power Football Index gives us a 17.9% chance of winning. S&P+ Rankings favor Wisconsin:

Wisconsin (8-0):

• MD Overall S&P+ Rank: 6
  • MD Off.  S&P+ Rank: 33
  • MD Def. S&P+ Rank: 7
  • MD Sp. Teams S&P+ Rank: 50

Indiana (3-5):

• IU Overall S&P+ Rank: 55
  • IU Off.  S&P+ Rank: 102
  • IU Def. S&P+ Rank: 28
  • IU Sp. Teams S&P+ Rank: 8

I'll be surprised if we keep it within a few touchdowns. Were decimated by injuries, confidence and moral can't be high, and Wiscy has absolutely dominated us.

Hopefully this shellacking can rejuvenate the team to get wins against Rutger, Ill, and pu to get a bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'll be surprised if we keep it within a few touchdowns. Were decimated by injuries, confidence and moral can't be high, and Wiscy has absolutely dominated us.

Hopefully this shellacking can rejuvenate the team to get wins against Rutger, Ill, and pu to get a bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Bowl game? They’ll be lucky to win another game

College Gameday likes us again to not only cover but win. I swear they like us every week and it's been a curse all year. If this team could ever play consistent for 4 quarters and clean up special teams they would have a good chance. Unfortunately, hard to be confident that will happen. 

College Gameday likes us again to not only cover but win. I swear they like us every week and it's been a curse all year. If this team could ever play consistent for 4 quarters and clean up special teams they would have a good chance. Unfortunately, hard to be confident that will happen. 

We love to shot ourselves in the foot. One game our special teams will absolute kill us while the defense is solid and offense is passable. The week after our special teams will be solid, defense good enough to win, and our offense will suck bad enough to give the opponent the W. We do not play complementary football, at all.

I wonder which of the 3 phases will do their best for us to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory this week?

Edit: a bit frustrated with the team/program. Don't take everything literally.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We love to shot ourselves in the foot. One game our special teams will absolute kill us while the defense is solid and offense is passable. The week after our special teams will be solid, defense good enough to win, and our offense will suck bad enough to give the opponent the W. We do not play complementary football, at all.

I wonder which of the 3 phases will do their best for us to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory this week?

Edit: a bit frustrated with the team/program. Don't take everything literally.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly how I feel and I am sure many others. Don't get me wrong I love us being considered competitive. We've come a long way but it doesn't mean we can't be frustrated with being so close so many times and being unable to take the next step forward. There is enough talent to win some of these big games. If they don't win today, that breakthrough slogan should probably go into hibernation for a while. 

16 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

The last time Indiana held Wisconsin under 30? 2002 when we beat them 32-29(also the last time we beat them). That was exactly 10 games ago. Since then?

2005- L 24-41

2006- L 17-52

2007- L 3-33

2008- L 20-55

2009- L 28-31

2010- 20-83

2011- 7-59

2012- 14-62

2013- 3-51

Since beating them, we've only game within single digits once. We've only came within 20 twice. Heck we've only come within 30 those two times. They have a average margin of victory of almost 37 points. I don't see that changing. And with how poor this team has played offensively and how poor this team gives up big plays and played defense last week, it isn't changing. I am calling 56-3. This game won't be even close. Wisconsin will run the ball down our throats as usual.

I don't think we're a particularly good football team, but I think we're better than those years. Plus, for some reason Bielema got off on running up the score on us when we were really awful. Don't have any illusions of us winning, but I don't think it'll be 56-3 bad.