Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coonhounds

Archie miller radio show on now iu radio network

They r out recruiting???? YAY!!!!!! 

That is what the crowed did when don said archie wasn't there cause he was out recruiting they cheered lol. Don said not to take nothing from this team but let's be honest.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

So, I'm watching/listening to the show on Facebook live. Archie looked very relaxed and like he actually was enjoying himself. I'm hoping the win against OSU eased the pressure a bit and the fellas can keep up the inspired play. But toward the end, he said something that, while I don't think it would get him into trouble, I don't think it was very bright. Someone asked who he liked in tonight's LSU-Clemson game. He said Clemson. Fisch said he liked LSU, then asked Archie if he wanted to bet a dollar. "A buck?" Archie asks. "Sure ... I gotta lot of bucks on this one." 

Archie, you probably should be a little smarter than that. I don't think the NCAA will kick up a fuss about it, but you don't want to give them any reason to, either. 

So, I'm watching/listening to the show on Facebook live. Archie looked very relaxed and like he actually was enjoying himself. I'm hoping the win against OSU eased the pressure a bit and the fellas can keep up the inspired play. But toward the end, he said something that, while I don't think it would get him into trouble, I don't think it was very bright. Someone asked who he liked in tonight's LSU-Clemson game. He said Clemson. Fisch said he liked LSU, then asked Archie if he wanted to bet a dollar. "A buck?" Archie asks. "Sure ... I gotta lot of bucks on this one." 
Archie, you probably should be a little smarter than that. I don't think the NCAA will kick up a fuss about it, but you don't want to give them any reason to, either. 
Technically betting in Indiana is legal and he is a basketball coach not football. It might be allowed?

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Our compliance dept. is more likely to throw the hammer down than the NCAA. 

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Technically betting in Indiana is legal and he is a basketball coach not football. It might be allowed?

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

It's not allowed by the NCAA ... Again, I can't imagine they'd kick up a fuss, but still ... I don't think it was smart to say he's been betting a lot on a college football game. 

Archie:

I don’t know if I’m allowed to say anything. … I don’t know if there’s a written rule … I don’t care who the Indiana coach is now or the next 700 years, everything you try to establish in the non-conference, when you get to conference, the game is called and played a certain way.

That’s unfortunate. It’s so physical, if you don’t start on our own team with how you prepare, how you practice — it’s a battle. Two-point field goals in our league, just to get a basket around the rim, if it’s not a turnover or tap-in, it’s amazing the ability of bodies and how they’re allowed to move. It’s a slugfest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Archie:

I don’t know if I’m allowed to say anything. … I don’t know if there’s a written rule … I don’t care who the Indiana coach is now or the next 700 years, everything you try to establish in the non-conference, when you get to conference, the game is called and played a certain way.

That’s unfortunate. It’s so physical, if you don’t start on our own team with how you prepare, how you practice — it’s a battle. Two-point field goals in our league, just to get a basket around the rim, if it’s not a turnover or tap-in, it’s amazing the ability of bodies and how they’re allowed to move. It’s a slugfest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Problem #1 for the new Big Ten commish. Maybe with a crop of younger coaches in the conference enough will be made of the physicality that something will be done. Orrrrr... it continues on as tackle basketball. This ranks right up there with the shoe $ for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Problem #1 for the new Big Ten commish. Maybe with a crop of younger coaches in the conference enough will be made of the physicality that something will be done. Orrrrr... it continues on as tackle basketball. This ranks right up there with the shoe $ for me.

Trash officiating makes for trashy basketball. And the Big Ten is fully of trashy basketball.

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

The physicality is not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. The real problem is the inconsistency in the way each team is called and the way it can vary from game to game. Over the course of a season it has the tendency to prop up the more brutal teams which then frequently are bounced quickly from the tournament when the games are officiated much differently. Even that wouldn't be so bad if it didn't also have the tendency to produce lower seeding for the better, more talented and usually less brutal teams. 

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

When you have Izzo and Painter as the veteran coaches who are on a committee of how the game is officiated, this is what you get. Those two want it this way. But it has to change, it only hurts the Big Ten in the tourney

23 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

When you have Izzo and Painter as the veteran coaches who are on a committee of how the game is officiated, this is what you get. Those two want it this way. But it has to change, it only hurts the Big Ten in the tourney

I was discussing this the other day at work. It definitely hurts the B1G in the tourney. The refs in the tourney are not going to allow the muggings that occur in conference play and I think it is very tough for a kid to get out of the mindset a week after completing conference play.

They would want it that way. Show me another conference that has the slow plodders that the Big Ten has in the paint. I wonder if they come to the Big Ten because they couldn’t compete in other conferences or the conference is physically brutal because of the slow plodders..?

Regardless, the physicality takes away the free flowing aspects of the game.

34 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I was discussing this the other day at work. It definitely hurts the B1G in the tourney. The refs in the tourney are not going to allow the muggings that occur in conference play and I think it is very tough for a kid to get out of the mindset a week after completing conference play.

That is 100% what I'm saying.