Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coonhounds

Archie miller radio show on now iu radio network

12 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Couple of nuggets from tonight's radio show.

Miller on his goals for team, "I would love for us to have the opportunity to play the best ball at the end of the season...To be the toughest out that we can possibly be."

Miller says he strives for his team to have an offensive points per possession of 0.98 or higher and a defensive PPP of 0.87 or lower

Tim Priller, Race Thompson (RS), Quentin Taylor and Vijay Blackmon (RS) are players not getting game minutes that have been great in practice.

Collin Hartman probably won't be in the starting lineup in near future. He'll play as many minutes "as he can handle"

duh. Priller gonna Prill. Put him in coach.

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Maybe it was an omission, but coach didn’t mention Clifton as one of those practice players. 

BUT, he also said he probably left someone out of the list too.  I am sure he wasn't slighting Clifton intentionally.

I was curious why Vijay hasn't been dressed.... I hadn't heard any injury news on him but figured being a walk on it just wasn't discussed but had something hurt.... glad to hear it is just a Redshirt and not an injury.... 

Could it be Clifton is NOT a great practice guy and wasn't unintentional left out... could be motivation to pick it up in practice and then possibly see some court time?

12 hours ago, cthomas said:

I didn't even know you could red shirt a walk on.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out. St. Francis isn't division 1, but maybe he still has to sit out a year. I assumed that was just scholarship players, but I guess it applies to all players?

20 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out. St. Francis isn't division 1, but maybe he still has to sit out a year. I assumed that was just scholarship players, but I guess it applies to all players?

It probably is the case otherwise Cal every year would have talented 5 stars transferring and walking on at Kentucky. 

And according to Kentucky fans there would absolutely nothing suspicious at all about it. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It probably is the case otherwise Cal every year would have talented 5 stars transferring and walking on at Kentucky. 

And according to Kentucky fans there would absolutely nothing suspicious at all about it. 

They're pUKe fans, they're judgement is.....suspect.

If a player walkons included transfers to a D1 school they still have to sit out a year. Robinson from Michigan was d-3 but still had to sit out and McRoberts sat out a year when he came from Vermont. If a player goes down in division (d-1 to d-2 or lower) then they are eligible right away(Johnny marlin when he transferred from IU to Indiana-Wesleyan. Football and basketball I believe are the only sports where kids have sit out a year when they transfer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This also makes me wonder if CAM thinks Blackmon may be able to play a little bit going forward. I still don't understand the terminology here. Transfers sit out a year and then continue their eligibility, I get that. But, I thought the red shirt was used to preserve a year of eligibility which doesn't seem an issue in the case of transfers. I'm either confused or dense, maybe both.

13 minutes ago, cthomas said:

This also makes me wonder if CAM thinks Blackmon may be able to play a little bit going forward. I still don't understand the terminology here. Transfers sit out a year and then continue their eligibility, I get that. But, I thought the red shirt was used to preserve a year of eligibility which doesn't seem an issue in the case of transfers. I'm either confused or dense, maybe both.

The transfer sit out year is the same as a redshirt year. Josh Newkirk is a redshirt senior technically. He played two years at Pitt, sat out/redshirted one year at IU, and played two years at IU. He didn't lose any eligibility.