Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robby Burns

Hollowell's Progression

What grade would you give Jeremy Hollowell as a basketball player at the beginning of the season and where has he progressed to now. Where does he fit in next year? Starter? First off Bench?

I don't know that I give him a grade. There is a huge difference in his defense now compared to early in the year. You can see his progression in how hard he plays. He is still adjusting offensively. His rebounding is much improved. You can certainly see the potential. Next year depends entirely on how many hours spent in Cook between end of season and next year. He has the talent to take a big leap like Vic and Will did. Let's hope he commits to the process like they did. I truly think Jeremy has NBA talent if he wants it. He could be a big piece next year and I am hoping that takes place.

I think he's made a big improvement from the start of the season, he's prolly still adjusting to the college world but I'm sure he will step up and be a big piece of this program

I definitely think Hollowell has improved a ton on defense. He plays with much more intensity now. I think in high school he got used to being the alpha dog and he could play casual and still put up good numbers. But now in college everyone is just as good as him and he's adjusting.

Key for him (just like Vic and Sheehey) is buying in to Crean's philosophy. Little things like deflections and hustle on defense are finally sinking in for Jeremy. He is buying in to Hoosier basketball. I'm an optimist and see Vic coming back next year as well as Cody. That leaves only Watford's spot for Hollowell don't think we will play that small but it would be a great combo on the court with Yogi, Vic, Will, Jeremy, and Cody. Speed Kills

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Robby Burns" data-cid="3026" data-time="1362524863"><p>

Key for him (just like Vic and Sheehey) is buying in to Crean's philosophy. Little things like deflections and hustle on defense are finally sinking in for Jeremy. He is buying in to Hoosier basketball. I'm an optimist and see Vic coming back next year as well as Cody. That leaves only Watford's spot for Hollowell don't think we will play that small but it would be a great combo on the court with Yogi, Vic, Will, Jeremy, and Cody. Speed Kills</p></blockquote>

I don't see Vic coming back next year, him and cwat are best friends and my theory is the only reason cwat stayed was for vic(and to win a banner of course). Vic is probably going to be a top 5 pick and he is already getting his degree in may, all pointing towards my favorite Hoosier leaving :(

On the other hand, you're right about Cody, he's also a top 5 right now but he could use another year of college ball to get stronger and more aggressive in the paint on a consistent basis. Plus, Crean said Zeller will get his degree from Kelley in no less than 3 years, so I think we'll have Cody for another year!

I see a big improvement in defense, as others have also noted..............

I see a reluctance to find his offense...........he is deferring to the other senior players on the court in this aspect..........needs to be more confident with the ball and utilize his skills more when put in an offensive advantage position......... 

His defensive output has increased since the start of the season. However, I find that his lackluster offensive game will still keep him in a bench role for next season. Of course, it all depends on the roles of incoming freshman as well as replacing Jordy and C-Wat