Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana @ (18) Michigan St. Game Thread 10/21 3:30PM EST ABC

I know basketball is around the corner...but lets not forget we still have a football team to root for. This will be the 4th. ranked opponent we face this season and thankfully our schedule will get much easier after this weekend (outside of the Wisconsin game). It is MSU's homecoming and I'm sure they will want the Old Brass Spittoon back after last year's debacle, but ESPN's Football Power Index still gives us a 39.8% chance of winning. For people that follow S&P+ Rankings:

MSU:

• MSU Overall S&P+ Rank: 20
  • MSU Off.  S&P+ Rank: 78
  • MSU Def. S&P+ Rank: 9
  • MSU Sp. Teams S&P+ Rank: 59

Indiana:

• IU Overall S&P+ Rank: 44
  • IU Off.  S&P+ Rank: 90
  • IU Def. S&P+ Rank: 22
  • IU Sp. Teams S&P+ Rank: 10

2 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Also LJ Scott for MSU was arrested Wednesday for driving on a suspended license...for the 7th time (!!!), so we'll see if Dantonio makes him sit for a few games (or at least a few series?).

He won't start....but will show up in the 2nd play (my guess, lol).

5 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I don't think IU stands much of a chance. But that's why they play the game

If we play mistake free football we have a decent chance. MSU is kind of like Virginia in that they have a good record but hard to gauge how good they are at this point. It should be a low scoring affair.

1 minute ago, Magnanimous said:

If we play mistake free football we have a decent chance. MSU is kind of like Virginia in that they have a good record but hard to gauge how good they are at this point. It should be a low scoring affair.

Could be like the Michigan game in that it's a defensive battle. I don't trust IU on the road though