Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

ESPN hires Tom Crean as a full time analyst

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Other guy: "So Tom, what can you tell us about these two teams?"

Crean: "...Just a minute, need to check with them and make sure it's ok to talk about them on air. They own me, you know."

Only funny because it's true...

11 hours ago, iubb said:

Loved him tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?

I didn't watch that whole game so maybe he was good, but when I was watching the end it was same ol' Crean.... He even said Northwestern played great D on the final play and basically insinuated the drive was unstoppable... I flipped it back to ESPN2 and Rafferty was doing a highlight immediately after of that same play and mentioned how lost the Defense was.

I truly believe he only sees 1 side of the court.

A bit earlier he tried to pull a Tony Romo and call out what the play would be, not even close.

Felt like he was guessing and hoping to be right and look like the smartest guy in the room.

Like I said I didn't watch the whole game so maybe those were just blips and overall he was good?

1 minute ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Really?

I didn't watch that whole game so maybe he was good, but when I was watching the end it was same ol' Crean.... He even said Northwestern played great D on the final play and basically insinuated the drive was unstoppable... I flipped it back to ESPN2 and Rafferty was doing a highlight immediately after of that same play and mentioned how lost the Defense was.

I truly believe he only sees 1 side of the court.

A bit earlier he tried to pull a Tony Romo and call out what the play would be, not even close.

Felt like he was guessing and hoping to be right and look like the smartest guy in the room.

Like I said I didn't watch the whole game so maybe those were just blips and overall he was good?

Maybe he loved him for comedy not for being good

I think he's always been a Crean fan. Crean fans would enjoy his take last night as it was classic Crean.

Imo he gets bogged down way too much by finite details. Misses the Forrest through the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This, catch phrases, and being all over the place. I don't doubt he knows some about basketball but he approaches the game wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wss watching halftime report on espnu and i think crean was on. He is not as tan and to me dont sound the same. I have had several beers but i still think he sounds different than i remember. Anybody else think the same?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I know you can say this about most announcers who coached but I find it hard to listen to him just on the basis that half the stuff he points out he didn't do well at IU. It's like a credibility hit. He's obviously very knowledgeable and better than some of the other yo yo's they have working there. 

I am pretty sure every school that has fired a coach that became an analyst says the same thing. There is a reason Tom Crean is an analyst and Coach K who has forgot more basketball than Crean has learned is in a different role. Don’t know why you guys are so offended.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners