Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stromboli

IUMS at Butler 10/18/17

Greetings from Indy. Huge crowd. Definetely a lot of casual fans as not a ton of noise relative to the size of crowd (maybe 6,000 and close to full). This could change later. About 30-40% iu fans but a lot who i think live in indy and are not regular soccer fans and mostly iu bball fans.

Man, Aaron was right- the lines on the field can definitely be confusing!  I'm watching basketball on TV, and soccer on a football field on the laptop- tough to adjust for a simple mind like mine

Very interesting 1st half. Paul Snape has by far the best strategy against iu so far because he can. Playing d with 8 men and the 3 forwards so fast that iu has to put extra men back to shut that down and its worked. However, its making it so Dorsey, Toye and Warr are outnumbered on iu counters leading to the scoreless tie. Their goal keeper Eric Dick is also really good. This is certainly the best butler team since those tourney teams of 09 and 10 with their old coach Kelly Findlay who I also knew. Also best team iu has faced this yr not named nd or maryland.

Whether iu likes it or not playing at bu at this pt not that much better than playing at pu. While its no big deal to iu, butler thinks of us as their biggest rival and brings out record fans and now being in big east their athletic teams talent is on par with iu for most part in every sport.