Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

bhaggard89

(2018) DE Randy Charlton to UCF

Big weekend of visits. Charlton looks like a pop.

https://247sports.com/Article/Indiana-hosting-coveted-recruits-for-Michigan-game-108790196

Tom Allen and company will host four official visitors in Miami (Fla.) Southridge teammates in defensive end Randy Charlton, and James Head, who is already committed to the Hoosiers, along with Ole Miss receiver verbal Demarcus Gregory and IU receiver pledge Jacolby Hewitt. The Hoosiers have been trending for Charlton since his July visit and he’s excited to get back to Bloomington. “The IU game atmosphere and feeling of the team,” he said of what he looks forward to seeing the most.

The 6-foot-3, 196-pound Gregory has been saying he’s 100 percent committed to the Rebels but his weekend plans say otherwise. He fits the mold of what Grant Heard covets at the position and IU would love to flip the Duncan (SC) Byrnes standout.

Besides Head and Hewitt, other members of the Indiana 2018 class slated to be back include quarterback Reese Taylor, defensive ends Madison Norris and Gavin McCabe, offensive lineman Nick Marozas, safety Jordan Jusevitch, cornerback Jaylin Williams, tight end Matt Bjorson and kicker Charles Campbell.

Notable underclassmen to keep an eye out for include 2019 linebacker Jack Kiser (has IU offer), 2019 cornerback MJ Griffin (has IU offer), 2019 offensive tackle Chris Akporoghene (has IU offer), 2019 defensive end Karter Johnson, linebacker Dezman Cooper and 2020 running back Daylin Dower.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:59 AM, ccgeneral said:

Big weekend of visits. Charlton looks like a pop.

https://247sports.com/Article/Indiana-hosting-coveted-recruits-for-Michigan-game-108790196

Tom Allen and company will host four official visitors in Miami (Fla.) Southridge teammates in defensive end Randy Charlton, and James Head, who is already committed to the Hoosiers, along with Ole Miss receiver verbal Demarcus Gregory and IU receiver pledge Jacolby Hewitt. The Hoosiers have been trending for Charlton since his July visit and he’s excited to get back to Bloomington. “The IU game atmosphere and feeling of the team,” he said of what he looks forward to seeing the most.

The 6-foot-3, 196-pound Gregory has been saying he’s 100 percent committed to the Rebels but his weekend plans say otherwise. He fits the mold of what Grant Heard covets at the position and IU would love to flip the Duncan (SC) Byrnes standout.

Besides Head and Hewitt, other members of the Indiana 2018 class slated to be back include quarterback Reese Taylor, defensive ends Madison Norris and Gavin McCabe, offensive lineman Nick Marozas, safety Jordan Jusevitch, cornerback Jaylin Williams, tight end Matt Bjorson and kicker Charles Campbell.

Notable underclassmen to keep an eye out for include 2019 linebacker Jack Kiser (has IU offer), 2019 cornerback MJ Griffin (has IU offer), 2019 offensive tackle Chris Akporoghene (has IU offer), 2019 defensive end Karter Johnson, linebacker Dezman Cooper and 2020 running back Daylin Dower.

I'm definitely seeing at least one commit this weekend!

5 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Spoke with him tonight he said there were conflicting reports but he plans to decide in the next week. Devon Matthews was expected to commit though and we got him. Still a good day. 

Would you be shocked if it wasn't IU?

Just now, KDB said:

Would you be shocked if it wasn't IU?

Yes. His family may want him close but he has told me personally that the level he wants to play at, there isn't a fit around him yet. UF or FSU could come calling now with new coaches or maybe USF. He has wanted to get this over with by early signing period since the Summer though. I will try to update if anything else is known. With work and covering recruiting with the signing day haven't been able to get on here much. 

13 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Yes. His family may want him close but he has told me personally that the level he wants to play at, there isn't a fit around him yet. UF or FSU could come calling now with new coaches or maybe USF. He has wanted to get this over with by early signing period since the Summer though. I will try to update if anything else is known. With work and covering recruiting with the signing day haven't been able to get on here much. 

Great I was hoping this one was in the bag. Sounds like it might be very soon! The timing certainly works in our favor. 

On 12/12/2017 at 12:06 AM, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Syracuse picked up 7 predictions for Charlton, you still think it's IU?

Got him! Why does the thread title say FIU?

He committed to FIU earlier in the day. His parents have been wanting him to stay close to home all along. He may have finally convinced his parents to let him become a Hoosier! He's a high school teammate of James Head Jr.