Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Kentucky

Another shutout another victory. This is absolutely a quality UK team but we are just better than everyone right now and cannot be scored on. Nearly gave up our first goal a couple times but a formidable UK attack was mostly neutralized. This is the level of competition we will face rest of season and appear more than ready. Now lets try to drive this bus to a Big Ten and National Championship which we look more than capable off.

It's certainly the first top notch team IU's fielded in any team sport since our baseball team with Schwarber and Travis got walked off on in 13 Regional. That loss by baseball and basketball's loss to Cuse in Sweet 16 are probably the two most painful moments (only been a fan of IU team's since around 1997 given my age) experienced as an IU fan. Hopefully this ends better for our soccer team as any loss in a tourney will be much harder to take (unless its in College Cup) given the quality of this team.

19 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I almost put it on the list, remembering we won the regular season matchup. That stupid tourney game...

Nope we lost in the regular season also to UK this year and results are mixed last few years. It's Louisville we've mostly owned in Baseball since 2012 (we also have a 3 game winning streak in soccer against UL with no game this year for first time in a while). 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That's how you play Soccer. Last nights debacle is another thing altogether.

This team continues to be special.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We should of been team USA for the country. Obviously kidding. As good as we are we still are not on a pro level.

Now some of those late 90's teams under Jerry probably could of given Team USA a run for their money and that i'm not kidding on.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/10/12/iu-soccer-coach-todd-yeagley-usmnt-soccer-world-cup-failure-we-cant-blow-up-system/757280001/

I am sure from Todd's perspective everything is fine since we get top players out of it at IU.

That does not mean its a good system for US Soccer as a whole and does not make him look very smart as a coach given fan sentiment right now. Good scoop by Zach as well to get this.