Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Kentucky

First of all solid teams coming up to finish the season. UK has a great defense but has only played two top notch teams (Louisville and Old Dominion) and their D folded like a rug and gave up 2 goals in those games so not sure how much of that defense is the product of a weak schedule. Offense is just slightly above average. Still will provide a nice test for us against a decent team that will be on level with whoever our first round opponent is in NCAA tournament (could be UK again given regional seeding usually and NCAA loving rematches).  

Hopefully we fare better than our #USMNT did last night. Also should have Dorsey back per Jeremy Price's preview and they said when he left for the call up it would be just 2 games. Also not sure when we see Kleyn and Rennicks but sounds like it should be very soon if not tonight.

The NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer Committee will provide a sneak peek of its thought process when it reveals its top 10 teams in rank order. The announcement on Sunday, Oct. 29 will be made live at halftime of the nationally-televised game between Indiana and Michigan State on ESPNU at 3 p.m. ET.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/soccer-men/article/2017-10-10/ncaa-division-i-mens-soccer-committee-will-reveal-top-10-teams

16 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

The NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer Committee will provide a sneak peek of its thought process when it reveals its top 10 teams in rank order. The announcement on Sunday, Oct. 29 will be made live at halftime of the nationally-televised game between Indiana and Michigan State on ESPNU at 3 p.m. ET.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/soccer-men/article/2017-10-10/ncaa-division-i-mens-soccer-committee-will-reveal-top-10-teams

Cool. If we win all our games to that point we will most likely be near or at number 1 (we are no. 8 right now in RPI but given who we have between now and then if we win them we will move up) in committees mind.  

4 hours ago, hsrtxp said:

Wish more games were on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All games are on TV online streamed if you buy the package through BTN2go. I know many don't like it and I get why but I will gladly fork over the roughly $10 a month to watch the many IU Olympic sporting events they show.

Looks like same lineup with Dorsey replacing Glass now that he's back.

Clearly Panchot is replacing Gutjahr for now until Kleyn returns and then either him or Buckmaster will take over that Midfield spot for good. Continues to shows how deep we are that guys like Glass, Panchot etc. are backups. They would be no question starters on most teams. Even Thomas was a backup to start the season till Kleyn got hurt and he's been maybe our best player. It's almost ridiculous how deep we are but I love it. 

Wow I missed Dorsey. No goal but out ran everyone from midfield, juked a defender and than only a nice save from the goalie stopped a goal. Guy is amazing to watch.

Also Panchot's rocket from just outside the box is dropped by their goalie but he gets it back just in time before it crosses the line.

Other decent chances to but still 1-0.

Love playing a competent team. UK actually is presenting a really good challenge for our D who has been up to the task but some nervy moments including a rip from just outside the box that Muse saved right at the end of the half. 

These games will prepare us much better for the tourney. Only the fourth good team to come into Armstrong to go with USF, Michigan and ND. 1-0 IU at half.

Wow nearly gave up a goal finally as a UK corner kick into the box hits the post. 2-0 8 min left. Closest we've come to being scored on since that controversial line play late in ND game.