Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Indiana vs Charleston Southern Game Thread - 10/7 330 ET on BTN

18 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I imagine that's also the first game in IU history we held a team to 0 completions/passing yards. I know it's a cupcake team, but nice to see us beat them like we should, which is different than in the past. Now I've been calling a Michigan upset all season, and I'm not changing my mind now. Program changing win coming soon! 

Happened in 1985

I stayed the whole game. OLine looks out of sync when knight is not playing. Hoping to have him back next week. Even though we don't have the greatest Dline, Michigans OLine is dreadful....  They have been all season really. If we just get constant pressure we can win. Also we need to give Ramsey run support and I think we will be golden. Fumbles need to stop like yesterday. I'm very excited about our young guys that go to play today. Layne and hunt at CBs are big and fast and make good reads and run support. Michael Ziemba is a DE and flew down the field and made a great tackle on kickoff. We have a lot to look forward too. Great game and glad I got to witness the shutout.  Glad we didn't play to their level

I think all of the turnovers and mistakes against Ohio State and Penn State have overshadowed just how good the defense has become.

I don't care if it was an FCS team - holding a team scoreless and with ZERO passing yards or completions is something I never thought I'd see from an IU team.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Don't look now but Purdue football is instantaneously formidable.

Nice win against Minnesota today.

Amazing what a coach can do, so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Gregg Doyel is probably writing his next love letter to Jeff Brohm as we speak.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, probably. Can't really blame him. Dramatic turnaround.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It just irritates me that he's barely acknowledged what Allen has done here, and aside from mentioning that Allen should be afraid of Brohm on the recruiting trail, he's barely even acknowledged him at all.

Don't look now but Purdue football is instantaneously formidable.

Nice win against Minnesota today.

Amazing what a coach can do, so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They benefited from a few WTH calls. Minnesota defender gets called for a personal foul for hitting a pu QB still end bounds. pu running back scores a TD when a wide receiver held a DB. Both were clear from the officials standpoint and they made bad calls. Regardless, pu finished and got the W.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was disappointed by the mistakes made especially on offense. They should have the kinks out by now. I hope Allen gives them a rough time over the turnovers. I was totally embarrassed by the IU fans . 99% left when the rain started . They are definitely fair weather fans. The stadium was empty. The announcer said he had done a lot of B10 games and had never done one in an empty stadium. Shame on all the fans that are afraid to get wet.

11 hours ago, lucel15 said:

I stayed the whole game. OLine looks out of sync when knight is not playing. Hoping to have him back next week. Even though we don't have the greatest Dline, Michigans OLine is dreadful....  They have been all season really. If we just get constant pressure we can win. Also we need to give Ramsey run support and I think we will be golden. Fumbles need to stop like yesterday. I'm very excited about our young guys that go to play today. Layne and hunt at CBs are big and fast and make good reads and run support. Michael Ziemba is a DE and flew down the field and made a great tackle on kickoff. We have a lot to look forward too. Great game and glad I got to witness the shutout.  Glad we didn't play to their level

For those who believe in predictive analytics, ESPN's FPI (Football Power Index) has IUFB as strong favorites against Rutgers (86% chance of victory) and Illinois (84%) and favorites against both Maryland & Purdue (55%).  The most difficult matchup left is Wisco (17%), and the FPI has a projected W-L of 6.8 - 5.2.  

Fun tool if you have time to kill!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=84&year=2017

1 hour ago, Gahoosierfan said:

I was disappointed by the mistakes made especially on offense. They should have the kinks out by now. I hope Allen gives them a rough time over the turnovers. I was totally embarrassed by the IU fans . 99% left when the rain started . They are definitely fair weather fans. The stadium was empty. The announcer said he had done a lot of B10 games and had never done one in an empty stadium. Shame on all the fans that are afraid to get wet.

That's what happens when you play an FCS team during a downpour on fall break. But I'm sure you're a super fan who would never leave no matter what. 

So Indiana is sitting at 3-2. Need 3 more wins to be bowl eligible, 4 wins to ensure a winning season. 

Remaining schedule:

• Michigan
  • @ Michigan State
  • @ Maryland
  • Wisconsin
  • @ Illinois
  • Rutgers
  • @ Purdue
Great chance at a win: Illinois, Rutgers
Good chance at a win: Maryland, Purdue
Some chance at a win: Michigan, Michigan State
Slim chance at a win: Wisconsin

Before the season started, I would have put Michigan state in the good chance at a win category, but they seem to be playing pretty well now. The running game and the pass rush are the two biggest things to me moving forward. Ramsey isn't going to win many games airing it out, at least not this year, so we need the backs to produce. Need to consistently get pressure from our D line. If that happens this team can get to 7...maybe 8 wins, pre-bowl.

If i was a betting man, I'd put my money on 6-6, but man 7-5 would look nice. 

So Indiana is sitting at 3-2. Need 3 more wins to be bowl eligible, 4 wins to ensure a winning season. 
Remaining schedule:
  • Michigan
  • @ Michigan State
  • @ Maryland
  • Wisconsin
  • @ Illinois
  • Rutgers
  • @ Purdue
Great chance at a win: Illinois, Rutgers Good chance at a win: Maryland, Purdue Some chance at a win: Michigan, Michigan State Slim chance at a win: Wisconsin   Before the season started, I would have put Michigan state in the good chance at a win category, but they seem to be playing pretty well now. The running game and the pass rush are the two biggest things to me moving forward. Ramsey isn't going to win many games airing it out, at least not this year, so we need the backs to produce. Need to consistently get pressure from our D line. If that happens this team can get to 7...maybe 8 wins, pre-bowl.   If i was a betting man, I'd put my money on 6-6, but man 7-5 would look nice. 

The offenses for Michigan State and Michigan don't really scare me. The key to both of those games will be turnovers. We have to start winning the turnover battle to contend with good to great teams. Michigan will be pissed after losing at home to MSU. We'll need a great and focused effort. Hopefully Mack can step up to be the Robin to Cobb's batman. The run game needs to get going too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app