Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Evansville

On 10/3/2017 at 6:26 AM, ccgeneral said:

We host the (5-3-1) Purple Aces tonight @ 7:30 ET.  Dorsey running with the 18U team the next two games and Rennicks was medically cleared a day or so ago. Go Hoosiers!

Preview

Live Stats

BTN2GO

I'm very happy for Dorsey and IU is fortunate the two games he will miss are against two mediocre teams and we will have him back for our tougher stretch against UK, OSU and Butler who are all in top 25. With that said it does make me wonder if Dorsey is a one and done (yes that does exist in soccer but less often ala Tommy Thompson) as I suspected could be possible since the beginning.

On a different note attendance is up and even Kent Sterling has mentioned our team on his show a couple times in the last few weeks here in Indy. Hopefully this team continues to be what we think they are and get back to the College Cup. Tournament results can be random but as I have said multiple times this definitely looks like the best IU team in at least 10 years and maybe more. 

A little extra pre-game news.  Austin Panchot was named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week, while Trey Muse was named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week.  Panchot was also named to Top Drawer Soccer's National Team of the Week.

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2017/10/3/mens-soccer-indianas-panchot-muse-earn-weekly-honors.aspx

So Panchot and Glass for Dorsey and Gutjahr for now. Glad we are so deep given that we are missing 3 starters (Kleyn still out on d with injury) and almost no drop off.

I assume this will be our lineup next couple games and than Dorsey will slide back into his normal spot and when Kleyn returns Buckmaster can take one of the midfield spots back. If Gutjahr comes back (I have no idea the severity but sounds like he got at least a decent injury) I put Buckmaster as a back up as Cory Thomas has been beyond excellent as a starter. Also if Rennicks ever plays curious where they put him. He's suppose to be as good as Dorsey but given depth may play off bench until next year.

Wow. We looked really sluggish in first five minutes than all of the sudden Toye found a ball just outside the box and buried a strike on our first real chance of night. Again exhibit A that Toye replacing Hyacenth as primary striker has been our biggest key to being a complete team finally this year.  

Not a great first half from us at all. Not sure if missing Dorsey and Gutjhar has had an affect but generally we are putting our d in a bad position at times (although they have been up to the task to clear the danger) and are not dominating quite as crisply with possession as we should be. This is definitely a better Evansville team than in past years and certainly a stronger opponent than Rutgers or Santa Clara but we did not play anywhere near our best soccer in first half. Hopefully we adjust and can assert ourselves much better in 2nd half.

Check that apparently announcers made a mistake. He's been cleared to play tonight for first time but has yet to take the field. However, that's big news that he's healthy again.