Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Evansville

Number 3! A rocket from Buckmaster on the right side of the box is mishandled by Evansvile goalie into the waiting feet of Toye in front of goal who calmly taps it in.

Injury update on Gutjahr: Still on crutches announcers said so sounds like he's out a while as I suspected.

So to recap we have Rennicks back in a limited role, Kleyn nearly back but not sure when, Dorsey not injury related but back against UK and Gutjhar out a while it sounds like.

IU easy 4-0 win. Not sure what to say except we wore down another very over matched team. Up to 9 shutouts in 11 games which is so impressive. Also 100 career wins for Todd Yeagley after tonight.

Looking forward to a much tougher schedule to finish the season against teams that will better test us starting with a struggling but annoying PSU team who in past has thrown a ton of men back like Northwestern. Than its gets fairly tough with several top 25 teams in row which will be fun more competitive games. We should still win but games will be closer and much more evenly matched ala Notre Dame.

With all that said, this team as I have mentioned before really looks like a national championship contender and complete team for first time in a while.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Good work guys.  Thanks for the updates.  Just saw a tweet that tonight was a program tying record 5th straight shutout.

Penn State should give us a chance to set the record. 

We control our destiny if OSU at least ties Maryland for the Big Ten Title outright 

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In the post-game, Coach Yeagley announced Gutjahr is out for the season.

How did you get into the press conference? I know it will be posted later by both IU and the HT but it is usually done in the media room in the back and not open to the public.

With that said I figured we were headed in this direction given the grave reports the last few days. Glad we are very deep and can make up for the loss but this still sucks.

21 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Multiple tweeters.

Got you. Like I said sucks but so glad we are a deep team that should be more than able to whether the loss. When healthy soon Kleyn can move back to defense and Buckmaster can take Gutjahr's spot in midfield and we also have Rennicks now in some capacity. 

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Could really use Rennicks this year, especially if "as advertised".

I Continue to be impressed by this team.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Rennicks has been medically cleared. Should be back in a few weeks as he returns to fitness. Not sure we'll see him at his best this year, but he should add stability regardless. 

Edit: Just saw some of the posts by Aaron with regards to Rennicks. He beat me to the punch.