Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

IU Basketball Media Day 2017

Love the new mock. I believe it was chris007 that I talked with about the rave reviews he was getting all Summer, but I didn't expect 1st rounder after his sophomore year lol. This kid has plenty of talent and is why I have said our frontcourt was fine. Also why I said he was needed more than the other 2 when Crean was let go. This kiid has STAR potential. I just didn't see it happening till after Junior year. I believe De'Ron has a shot as well. If we got Romeo and Garland, we could have 4 guys leave early and then lose Morgan. That would be 5 scholly's for all the ones worried. What a time to be a Hoosier. Of course in a month or so the mood could be drastically different, but I am confident we get one of the 5 star kids this year. 

CuJo & Clifton next year could end up being a very good 1-2 punch even without the 5 stars. 

3 hours ago, VO5 said:

Not sure where else to put this, but Draftexpress has Clifton going 24th in the 2019 draft. Long way to go, but others are realizing his potential as well.

If Clifton is projected by anyone as a first rounder in 2019, he'll have options to go pro in 2018, even without an overly impressive freshman year. Look no further than OG for an example of an off the radar guy exhibiting elite athleticism and potential without really demonstrating high level performance in college who was drafted. No bashing OG's time at IU, he just didn't really have a chance to demonstrate his full potential due to injury, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If Clifton is projected by anyone as a first rounder in 2019, he'll have options to go pro in 2018, even without an overly impressive freshman year. Look no further than OG for an example of an off the radar guy exhibiting elite athleticism and potential without really demonstrating high level performance in college who was drafted. No bashing OG's time at IU, he just didn't really have a chance to demonstrate his full potential due to injury, in my opinion.

That projection of '19 draft picks including Moore is a joke.  Kid hasn't even played a college game yet.  Not a knock on Clifton by any means and I hope it is accurate but, COME ON MAN!?!?  

2 minutes ago, nixie said:

That projection of '19 draft picks including Moore is a joke.  Kid hasn't even played a college game yet.  Not a knock on Clifton by any means and I hope it is accurate but, COME ON MAN!?!?  

1) Givony is very well respected and good at his job. Draft Express does a great job evaluating players.

2) The NBA drafts of potential in many situations

3) Givony probably has WAY more information about Moore and NBA interest in him than we do at this point

I agree though, face value, this is absolutely absurd, but Moore fits the bill for what the NBA wants to take a chance on during the draft. We'll see how he plays!

8 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

1) Givony is very well respected and good at his job. Draft Express does a great job evaluating players.

2) The NBA drafts of potential in many situations

3) Givony probably has WAY more information about Moore and NBA interest in him than we do at this point

I agree though, face value, this is absolutely absurd, but Moore fits the bill for what the NBA wants to take a chance on during the draft. We'll see how he plays!

I'm with you and the COME ON MAN wasn't directed at you, but at Givony.  :)  

11 minutes ago, nixie said:

I must say, you are on The Toilet ALOT!  Might want to get yourself checked out.  

During working hours, it's the only sanctuary for someone to find peace, quiet, and a sliver of happiness.

41 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes at times this summer he was the best player on the court, even outplaying Davis. I was told in June that he had the most pro potential of any of the kids on the team. I just hope this draft express doesn't raise the expectations for Moore too high for his first season. 

Crazy to say but could've been another Crean first round draft pick that came out of nowhere?  What is his class ranking?  I would like to think we will see more development of players under CAM than we saw from Crean.

1 minute ago, nixie said:

Crazy to say but could've been another Crean first round draft pick that came out of nowhere?  What is his class ranking?

Someone else will probably have that info but just a guess he was in the 100-150 range. I think he got overlooked because of some kind of injury or something. I'm pretty sure there is a story there

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Someone else will probably have that info but just a guess he was in the 100-150 range. I think he got overlooked because of some kind of injury or something. I'm pretty sure there is a story there

If I remember correctly, he stayed at the same small HS in NJ instead of going to prep school and also stayed with the same AAU team that didn't play in the powerhouse divisions. So he was overlooked because he wasn't competing against the big boys.

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

If I remember correctly, he stayed at the same small HS in NJ instead of going to prep school and also stayed with the same AAU team that didn't play in the powerhouse divisions. So he was overlooked because he wasn't competing against the big boys.

If I'm not mistaken he's from Pennsylvania, not NJ.

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

Ranked #149 in the 247 composite.

That's also after the update after we signed him I believe... pretty sure he was unranked or something 

I see mentions of "two star" in this thread. That'd imply something really way out of the top 200

These are the ones I admire.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app