Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

(2019) DB Tiawan Mullen to IU

6 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Hoping Larry Tracy’s contact with David Bell pays off as well. Not crossing my fingers but hope it pays off 

Would be surprised if Bell picked IU. Appears to be between Purdue and Penn State as of now but things can change of course. 

Unless Purdue has a stud QB waiting in the wings I don't know why any WR would want to be there right now. Moore is having success only because he is able to run sweeps and screens. Once he gets the ball he does the rest. Bell is not that type of WR.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would be surprised if Bell picked IU. Appears to be between Purdue and Penn State as of now but things can change of course. 

Yeah I’d say Penn state is in drivers seat. And an 0-2 start doesn’t help you guys.  

3 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Unless Purdue has a stud QB waiting in the wings I don't know why any WR would want to be there right now. Moore is having success only because he is able to run sweeps and screens. Once he gets the ball he does the rest. Bell is not that type of WR.

They are pretty excited about the kid I think his name is jack Plummer they signed him in most recent recruiting class 

38 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Yeah I’d say Penn state is in drivers seat. And an 0-2 start doesn’t help you guys.  

It’s not great but it could really sell the idea that Purdue really needs Bell to step in and be a stud next year. He’s seeing how Rondale is utilized and how he’d be an integral part of the offense. Can Penn State say the same thing? For what it’s worth, Josh Helmholdt at rivals predicted Bell to Purdue in an article from a few days ago. 

4 hours ago, jbell833 said:

You must have missed his first touchdown when he made a great catch across the middle of the field and scored. The guy is a really good slot receiver who can also do damage with sweeps and screens. 

Jack Plummer will be a really good one IMO. There was talk that Michigan, Oregon, and USC were after Plummer hard but he said no and enrolled early luckily. 

25 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

If they end with a 2 or 3 win season, will they be able to keep those 4-star recruits though?

I think they keep karlafstis (spelling is wrong ik). He wants to play at home and good for him. He will be a stud. The others I don’t know much about I know we semi recruited Stephen Fauchenaux early and often but we fell off early as well. Idk about the kid from detroit. Mershawn Rice (high 3 Star) we were heavily into before he gave his verbal. I haven’t heard how involved we still are there. I doubt we are as we have several good WR targets left on the board. Tj Sheffield, we were semi involved enough to get his attention but I don’t think he was a true player in this class until we tried to make a run after ND took back his scholly or whatever happened there. Ik Purdue was always heavily involved. That’s about what I know on most verbals in Purdue’s class. I’m sure they will keep most kids but I could see maybe 1-2 leaving if purdue doesn’t have a stellar year. Brohm is a great recruiter but so is Allen and I think some people need to give him some credit where it is due. I’ve seen people still dog on Allen even tho I think this recent class and this class he’s building now is a couple of the most impressive classes since I’ve followed IU football. Rankings are mid 40s basically. It’s not too 30 but I’ll take what we are getting. 

37 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

If they end with a 2 or 3 win season, will they be able to keep those 4-star recruits though?

Of course it depends but I don’t think any of the commitments are at risk to jump ship at least right now. All of them would have a legit chance to play right away next year which is a nice option for them. 

16 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Mike Penix is better than Plummer. And Bell should take a look at our WRs to see what team can develop WRs better. If the choice was between IU and PU, this is a no brainer. 

He’s better based on what? You do realize you could make the argument that your receivers were developed more by the previous regime than the current one? If the choice was only between IU and Purdue, he’d be wearing the black and gold. Brohm’s offensive reputation and the early playing time at Purdue are huge for Bell. 

27 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He’s better based on what? You do realize you could make the argument that your receivers were developed more by the previous regime than the current one? If the choice was only between IU and Purdue, he’d be wearing the black and gold. Brohm’s offensive reputation and the early playing time at Purdue are huge for Bell. 

Boiler - I give you props for defending your guy, and I am truly glad you post on this board, but this miiiiiight not be the best week to defend the offensive genius of Brohm  :)

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Penix would beat out Blough and Sindelaar. Grant Heard is one of the best WR coaches in the country. And Debord has ran more high profile offenses than Brohm. His scheme didnt even net 20 pts against Eastern Michigan! Lol.

Lol he wouldn't beat out Sindelar.  Sindelar is better than Ramsey and Penix didn't beat him out.  Care to elaborate on why Heard is one of the best WR coaches in the country?  Purdue's WR coach is a really good recruiter and Bell has a great relationship with him. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Boiler - I give you props for defending your guy, and I am truly glad you post on this board, but this miiiiiight not be the best week to defend the offensive genius of Brohm  :)

Yeah last week wasn't good but it's 1 game you know?