Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Indiana @ Penn State Official Game Thread 9/30 - 330 on BTN

I honestly have no idea what to expect. I wouldn't be surprised by anything.  

Will Lagow start? If he does, will he look like he did against Ohio State or against Virginia? Will CTA continue the two quarterback system? If he does will it disrupt the rhythm? Will Ramsey be a running threat or have teams figured him out? Will the offensive line look good or will they look like they did against OSU? Will Ellison keep up the strong performances as we head back into Big Ten play? Can we put together a solid four quarters? Will the defense wear down in the second half? 

As you can tell, I have a ton of questions and the first three games haven't helped much with answering them. 

We'll definitely see two quarterbacks in this game.

Need a solid performance on both sides of the line. Not going to completely shut down Barkely, just have to prevent the big plays.

Hopefully Ball, Riggins, and company are fit to play. Defense will need everyone for this game.

1. We always seem to keep it close against Penn St.; even when we had Zander as our starting QB. After their wild trip to Iowa last weekend, maybe we'll catch them off guard?

2. There is no question Saquon Barkley is probably the best RB in the country, but he did play almost every offensive snap at Iowa (had 28 carries and 12 receptions). That coupled by the fact that Tom Allen was able to hold him in check in Bloomington last year gives me some hope at slowing him down.

3. Can we have all of our key defensive players healthy enough to play?

4. I think we'll be able to keep it close and I hope I'm wrong, but eventually the difference in talent levels will take over for Penn St. in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Just being honest, I think this one is a loss and our program changing win comes later in the season against those little Wolverines.

Having said that, if our offense comes to play (that means whichever QB is out there is protecting the football and the line is at least average) I think we can do it.

I do not have a good feeling about Saturday's game.  The main factor I believe is just how banged up IU is right now.  Is there any word on who is officially out for this Saturday?  Lagow is hurt, Ball, Fant, Riggins???  Anybody else?

Fun fact. Lagow is completing 63% of his passes when under pressure. Thought that was very interesting. Maybe we just let him get some pressure step up and throw instead of letting him think and throw bombs or force a pass. 65% is a good completion percentage. I thought his number for under pressure would be way lower. Just thought this was interesting and wanted to share. 

A lot complain about Lagow and his decisions has anyone watched Darnold at USC this year after his stats last year. Imagine being in that fan base. Woof. He has like 10 INTs already somewhere around that number. 

Game Day-Fire Up Hoosiers!
D and Passing Game --we need you at championship levels.
Running game--we need you at acceptable levels. Offensive line must step up to protect the QB's so we can pass and open some holes for Ellison and company. This one is a tough one. Want to see us be competitive but I also think Michigan will be our breakthrough game. Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'd love to be wrong, but I think it's going to be rough today. 

Our O-line will probably give up quite a few sacks and I don't think we'll be able to run (maybe a little bit with Ramsey and the option).

Lagow will probably have to throw a ton and I see some interceptions if that's the case.

Our D will be good but I don't think our O has enough right now.

If we can't run the ball I think it is going to be a very long day. I can't see Lagow sustaining drives and am very skeptical on the QB rotation especially for an opponent like PSU. Think you really have to stick with one. 

I really hope our defense is 100% b/c this PSU offense is already a huge challenge with Barkley and Mcsorley. Really need Ball, Riggins and Fant out there.