Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Honestly, let the kid play. The people who bribed him are the individuals in power who are paid to uphold the rules of their system. I understand that legally the active and passive party in a bribe are guilty, but until the NCAA undergoes team change to fix this systemic issue and prevent this from happening in the future, I don’t want to see individual student athletes punished.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Every kid knows it is against rules so if he can't play i am all for it. Punish everyone involved and let kids learn a lesson as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly, let the kid play. The people who bribed him are the individuals in power who are paid to uphold the rules of their system. I understand that legally the active and passive party in a bribe are guilty, but until the NCAA undergoes team change to fix this systemic issue and prevent this from happening in the future, I don’t want to see individual student athletes punished.

Yeah he knew nothing. He is as pure as the driven snow and was driving around in a brand new 80k vehicle. I'm sorry but he is no victim here and sometimes you need to learn a tough lesson in life.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Yeah he knew nothing. He is as pure as the driven snow and was driving around in a brand new 80k vehicle. I'm sorry but he is no victim here and sometimes you need to learn a tough lesson in life.

What lesson is that?  That sometimes you are the scapegoat so a corrupt organization can keep being corrupt. 

No I would be all for punishing the kid if the NCAA was actually trying to clean itself up. But they aren't. Don't punish the kids for taking the money if you aren't going to punish the coaches doing it. 

What lesson is that?  That sometimes you are the scapegoat so a corrupt organization can keep being corrupt. 
No I would be all for punishing the kid if the NCAA was actually trying to clean itself up. But they aren't. Don't punish the kids for taking the money if you aren't going to punish the coaches doing it. 
So most kids in the ncaa probably took nothing. You think Wisconsin and Indiana players are taking big checks to play? Yet they see a kid take 100k with no punishment? What's the point of any of them doing it the right way going forward then. You may as well let them all be paid from here in out then. Make it legal.

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

So most kids in the ncaa probably took nothing. You think Wisconsin and Indiana players are taking big checks to play? Yet they see a kid take 100k with no punishment? What's the point of any of them doing it the right way going forward then. You may as well let them all be paid from here in out then. Make it legal.

Seems like a great reason to clean it up. Not scapegoat some kid. Punishing the kids is never going to clean it up. 

Actions have consequences but only for poor people in your scenario. Not the rich people orchestrating the rule breaking. 

Actually, the rich people orchestrating it are facing multiple felonies and decades in federal prison...

Not saying Brian Bowen is innocent. Just saying he played the game in the system the NCAA created. You think he’s the only one? Let’s not punish a kid, pretend like that fixes the issue, pat each other on the back for catching “the bad guy”, and move on. Let Brian Bowen play. The system provides incentives for cheating. Fix the system.

Not saying Brian Bowen is innocent. Just saying he played the game in the system the NCAA created. You think he’s the only one? Let’s not punish a kid, pretend like that fixes the issue, pat each other on the back for catching “the bad guy”, and move on. Let Brian Bowen play. The system provides incentives for cheating. Fix the system.

The problem is I highly doubt the system gets fixed at least not by the ncaa so..

The problem is I highly doubt the system gets fixed at least not by the ncaa so..

Sure. But forcing kids into your system that encourages this behavior in order for them to reach their dream (NBA), and then punishing them when they get caught is morally corrupt. Either get out of their way, allow the activity, or fix your system. And before anyone says the NBA sets the rule for one-and-done, they did set the rule, but they aren’t the only party behind that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I do have to laugh a bit about this whole investigation.  Remember when this story broke last summer and we thought it was going to sent massive shockwaves throughout the CBB landscape?  That it would weed out all of the crooked programs and finally clean up the system since the NCAA is incapable of doing so?  Well, it looks like the only "victims" will be those who were involved in cheating the Treasury out of money - those who simply cheat on recruiting rules will go unscathed.  We should have known.