Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

It's a cesspool and nothing will be done to fix it. Bank it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Too much money to be made. Is it a coincidence that UL, Syracuse, and UNC are all part of ESPN's money making basketball conference and have had violations that's gone mostly unpunished in the recent past?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 11/24/2017 at 9:42 AM, Woodson1980 said:

I was watching ESPN last night after the Seaton Hall RI game and they had a panel of coachs,Williams Behiem and Coach K discussing this topic.
Almost puked listening to Williams smugly talking about how he runs his program the right way while Behiem (spelling) agreed, said the FBI has more important matters to focus on and that the NCAA and AAU had everything under control.
What a joke ESPN is for airing this tripe and expecting anyone to believe it.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

This reminds me of the Fab Five 30-for-30 documentary. When they show Steve Fisher getting fired in Ann Arbor, he says "We ran the program the right  way." Then he pauses and repeats, "The right way." ... Well, obviously you didn't run the program the right way if you have a booster giving all the players money, especially giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to Chris Webber. Um, that's not running a program the right way. 

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

This reminds me of the Fab Five 30-for-30 documentary. When they show Steve Fisher getting fired in Ann Arbor, he says "We ran the program the right  way." Then he pauses and repeats, "The right way." ... Well, obviously you didn't run the program the right way if you have a booster giving all the players money, especially giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to Chris Webber. Um, that's not running a program the right way. 

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world. Tell a lie and keep telling it, or make it bigger. Pretty soon, you start to believe your own BS. Or, you somehow rationalize it in your head so that you are a saint for lying to help others.

But we all know the NCAA is going to just nod and wave.

Particularly liked the part about mid level commuter school and industrial wasteland. It was also very interesting to read how they used the Yum center lease to essentially use taxpayer funds for their athletic department.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Wow

Rick Bozich:  A spokesman for the University of Louisville confirmed that Brian Bowen is not enrolled at U of L for the spring semester.

And now this from Jeff Goodman:  Former Louisville commit Brian Bowen told ESPN he has been admitted to South Carolina and will seek reinstatement from the NCAA. Story coming.

46 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rick Bozich:  A spokesman for the University of Louisville confirmed that Brian Bowen is not enrolled at U of L for the spring semester.

And now this from Jeff Goodman:  Former Louisville commit Brian Bowen told ESPN he has been admitted to South Carolina and will seek reinstatement from the NCAA. Story coming.

Yikes.  I feel like he should just be permanently blacklisted from college basketball.

Louisville news is also saying that he has enrolled at South Carolina. No time table for a return to the court though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The ncaa will show how worthless they are and let the kid play. Didnt he take 100k?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Technically his dad did. There is no proof it trickled down to him, but common sense tells you that. So he won’t get punished for his dad taking the fall.

I thought the Cam Newton Rule had been thrown out? If so, it doesn't matter if Bowen knew of his father's actions or not.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7452188/ncaa-broadens-agent-rules-include-parents-closes-cam-newton-loophole

9 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Technically his dad did. There is no proof it trickled down to him, but common sense tells you that. So he won’t get punished for his dad taking the fall.

Honestly, let the kid play. The people who bribed him are the individuals in power who are paid to uphold the rules of their system. I understand that legally the active and passive party in a bribe are guilty, but until the NCAA undergoes team change to fix this systemic issue and prevent this from happening in the future, I don’t want to see individual student athletes punished.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

I thought the Cam Newton Rule had been thrown out? If so, it doesn't matter if Bowen knew of his father's actions or not.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7452188/ncaa-broadens-agent-rules-include-parents-closes-cam-newton-loophole

If that’s the case then he won’t win. If it’s guilt by association.