Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Instead of fixing a corrupt sport, they (FBI) are creating a playbook on how to cheat and get away with EVERYTHING.

Also known as the Kentucky way. What a mockery. Let's just be forthright and pay the players on top of the table rather than under, eh?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Nah.
Simply means that the kid doesn’t fit the elements of the Federal criminal statutes which were charged...according only to his lawyer.
I told you guys; the players will get a pass from criminal exposure if they fully and completely cooperate; somebody’s got to be a witness!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Has the fat lady quit singing in this investigation? It appears the FBI rattled a few cages, and went away quietly In the night. Perhaps they feel they did a enough to get the NCAA rolling on this. SMH

Edited by Whojainjawja

If that’s what the two of you were thinking, then that is absolute, clear proof that neither of you have ever had any substantive interaction with the Bureau. Are you basing your thoughts on one hour television dramas where everything gets tied up in a neat package in days or weeks?
If so, that’s fine; but your conclusion is uninformed and horrendously misinformed.

What’s wrong with believing that the ncaa, and FBI are corrupt ? I wouldn’t put it past them to do some shady things.

If that’s what the two of you were thinking, then that is absolute, clear proof that neither of you have ever had any substantive interaction with the Bureau. Are you basing your thoughts on one hour television dramas where everything gets tied up in a neat package in days or weeks?
If so, that’s fine; but your conclusion is uninformed and horrendously misinformed.

Lol at u. No i have know substantive involvement with the fbi thank the lord. Just a opinion that things move slow with the government which you seem to agree with. I will bet you the fbi is corrupt because it is government based and has a human factor involved as well. At the end of the day it is just my un experienced personal opinion

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

What’s wrong with believing that the ncaa, and FBI are corrupt ? I wouldn’t put it past them to do some shady things.

You're probably right.  Rogue operator from Quantico named Blade or Ethan.  Huge UNC fan.  Risks it all for better recruits.  Good call.

(Y'all should listen to Stuhoo on this one.)

I have never interacted with the NCAA and have no idea about the integrity of their organization. Based on their performance, I can opine that they have problems.
The FBI? It has over 20,000 employees worldwide protecting the American public from both criminal and national security issues. There are a wide variety of skill sets and levels of competency within those 20,000 employees.It’s not an easy job, and it’s NOTHING like what you might deduce from tv shows or random interwebbery.
If you think that it’s corrupt and biased as an organization, you absolutely are entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you that opinion is remarkably misinformed.

I would never base a opinion off of tv shows. I see now you have a close person involvement with fbi and i apologize if my uneducated opinion was insulting. I will never trust the government or people in general wirh 100 percent confidence. I feel they could be influenced by money. We will see what more comes of this i know it takes alot of time to gather evidence and go through a investigation of this magnitude.

I would never base a opinion off of tv shows. I see now you have a close person involvement with fbi and i apologize if my uneducated opinion was insulting. I will never trust the government or people in general wirh 100 percent confidence. I feel they could be influenced by money. We will see what more comes of this i know it takes alot of time to gather evidence and go through a investigation of this magnitude.

I'm not saying that corruption doesn't exist to some extent within the FBI. What level of corruption is up for debate though.

Important positions at the Bureau require in depth clearances. These aren't one off and then you're set free to run rampant.

I've worked with enough people to know at least some branches of the FBI aren't corrupt.

8 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I'm watching Special Report with Bret Baier. They had a report that said an Indictment opened today showed Rick Pitino was well aware of what was going on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

From the unsealed indictment.  Wonder what Slick Rick will have to say for himself now!

DOJCs_fX4AAyvGa.jpg:large