Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

There is now talk of a third player

Replying to @JasonRileyWDRB

Number 7 ranked player in the country. Defendants discussed him but I don't see any payments.

Not sure what ranking service he's using or what year.

I think this has been going on for years. My theory is The shoe company’s pay these players or guarantee these players money for going to certain schools. That’s why players like cliff Alexander leave when they’re not ready, because they’re guaranteed money once entering the NBA. I know Nike does it with Kentucky Basketball. They guarantee players money right after they leave there

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Any players off of 1 Family AAU? That is a big one getting hit.

Draymond Green and Bryn Forbes from MSU...

MSU was also a big player for Bowen.

Gabe Brown MSU commit...

EDIT: Please ignore. This is THE Family, not 1 Family.

I think this has been going on for years. My theory is The shoe company’s pay these players or guarantee these players money for going to certain schools. That’s why players like cliff Alexander leave when they’re not ready, because they’re guaranteed money once entering the NBA. I know Nike does it with Kentucky Basketball. They guarantee players money right after they leave there

That's been going on since the 80's when shoe sponsors started making money. There is a reason an Adidas kid stays with Nike or vice versa. You have been marketing it for years. You have talked to reps for years if you are good. You are are making money if you want. Easy to funnel money through non profits and get a tax write off for your troubles. Other ways of course, but this is the way of the handler.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Now does everyone agree it isn't best to work in the gray for time being? I am assuming this will change the landscape of the NCAA and amateurism forever.

I still would like some five star players, but only those that don't cheat, I'm assuming like the Zeller family or Yogi's family as examples. Occasional minor infractions, e.g., CTC visiting Gary Harris at school when he was not supposed to be there, doesn't bother me if it's accidental and not a habit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Wasn't Draymond supposed to go somewhere else first before MSU?

I messed up the AAU team. Edited post above. Draymond is from THE Family, as opposed to 1 Family.

1 Family is a Florida AAU program and I don't believe we've gotten any recruits from FL other than Sheehey in recent memory