Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I just read that Jason Kidd will coach of the Lakers next year. 

Luke "I coached LeBron" Walton would probably have some cache amongst the youngsters. 

Do coaches actually 'coach' in the NBA?  Aren't they more like figureheads?  Perhaps they initiate sub patterns.

But basically an NBA game is this. One guy rebounds.  Dribbles it full court. Goes 1 on 5.  Lather rinse repeat. 

Do coaches actually 'coach' in the NBA?  Aren't they more like figureheads?  Perhaps they initiate sub patterns.

But basically an NBA game is this. One guy rebounds.  Dribbles it full court. Goes 1 on 5.  Lather rinse repeat. 

15 years ago that was the NBA. But different now. Lot of good coaches in the league now who actually get after it. And those are of course your best teams. Kerr will rip into someone. Everyone knows Pop is great. But Budenholzer is a hell of a coach. Pacers probably should have hired him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was just in tucson and everyone is convinced sean miller is done at arizona. They all want luke walton as coach.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I am surprised that Sean has lasted as long as he has, but Walton won’t be here I the foreseeable future. Much of that buzz is coming from Walton’s camp to try to make it so. He was abominable in LA with the Lakers. No way the U of A walks into that quagmire.

I am surprised that Sean has lasted as long as he has, but Walton won’t be here I the foreseeable future. Much of that buzz is coming from Walton’s camp to try to make it so. He was abominable in LA with the Lakers. No way the U of A walks into that quagmire.

It isn’t that Walton was bad, it’s that there was no talent to start with, then LeBron was added with Magic making dumb decision after dumb decision to go with it. Why give KCP so much money? Why any at all? Why get LeBron and instead of just filling all spots with every shooter you can find on the planet... you go get Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley and JaVale McGee... the Lakers problems are not from Walton. He just had to deal with the stupidity of Magic Johnson.

The NCAA has given Louisville a verbal notice of inquiry, indicating it may be set to move on the pay-for-play case:

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/crawford-ncaa-gives-louisville-verbal-notice-of-inquiry-may-be/article_24639286-5beb-11e9-9576-030c42c21937.html

My dream list? Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Mich State, Syracuse & Louisville. Anyone else is gravy, but I want to see those programs burn. Yes, yes I know they are untouchable, yada yada. Can't help that my heart wants what my heart wants. 

Don’t really know why you’d want any program to burn. A lot of these programs are the reason that 90% of people even pay attention.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Don’t really know why you’d want any program to burn. A lot of these programs are the reason that 90% of people even pay attention.

They have defrauded everyone (fans & opponents) by blatantly cheating. If that causes 90% of people to lose interest, I'm fine with that.

Can you imagine if Indiana had been named in this scandal?  We would have been black balled, given the death penalty, had coaches removed and suffered a multi year tournament ban. I kid, mostly, but how is it that we have a minor infraction in previous years and the NCAA absolutely pounces on us, yet strippers, rapes, pay-to-play, etc. go unpunished. Makes me lose faith...

32 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Can you imagine if Indiana had been named in this scandal?  We would have been black balled, given the death penalty, had coaches removed and suffered a multi year tournament ban. I kid, mostly, but how is it that we have a minor infraction in previous years and the NCAA absolutely pounces on us, yet strippers, rapes, pay-to-play, etc. go unpunished. Makes me lose faith...

NCAA didn't, IU hammered IU.  We did the NCAAs job for them.

22 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

NCAA didn't, IU hammered IU.  We did the NCAAs job for them.

A perfect example of another reason our administration has failed miserably for 20 years. Knights firing and the bs no tolerance policy started it and Creans extension pretty much bookends the last 2 decades of IU b-ball. Getting a president that understands the importance of athletics and hiring an SEC AD would help get this sleeping giant turned around quickly.

56 minutes ago, schoosier said:

A perfect example of another reason our administration has failed miserably for 20 years. Knights firing and the bs no tolerance policy started it and Creans extension pretty much bookends the last 2 decades of IU b-ball. Getting a president that understands the importance of athletics and hiring an SEC AD would help get this sleeping giant turned around quickly.

Dumbest thing we could've done there.  The NCAA is borderline incompetent, don't do their job for them; you'll just end up screwing yourself.  RMK had no chance of making it through "zero tolerance" in the first place.

IU needs a new administration, period.  Sports shouldn't be top priority for an administration, but understand the role they play; don't be negligent at best and actively hampering at worst.