Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Might as well start saying nobody else has won the Big 12 in X number of years instead of Kansas has won X number in a row. 

Its currently 13 right? 

The Gonzaga of the plains...

12 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

And Bill himSelf had no idea anything was going on..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That may be true of a lot of things, but I highly doubt it's true of basketball recruiting.

12 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

And Bill himSelf had no idea anything was going on..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Absolutely, Kansas is a victim here and Poor Self, having all that talent forced on him? What a nightmare, when he really wanted scholar-athletes that major in chemistry and accounting. 

Also, Lamborghinis are very common in Lawrence, KS from what I've heard- they treat them like a Kia or Suzuki.  

Nothing to see here. 

9 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Arizona is poised to land a couple of 5 stars in 2019. Looks like this will blow over as I expected.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The bogus classes scandal across the entire athletic department of UNC blew over so well that it doesn't even get mentioned anymore.  

However, don't make that extra phone call to a recruit or your program will suffer the death penalty.

Edited by ray

7 minutes ago, ray said:

The bogus classes scandal across the entire athletic department of UNC blew over so well that it doesn't even get mentioned anymore.  

However, don't make that extra phone call to a recruit or your program will suffer the death penalty.

We did not suffer the death penalty. We hired Tom Crean similar but different. 

We should have claimed we were making extra phone calls to all potential students. That would have made it okay.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The fbi corruption thing will blow over. Nothing is going to happen at all. Money talks.

6 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

The fbi corruption thing will blow over. Nothing is going to happen at all. Money talks.

Especially when one of the defendants worked at the NCAA previously in enforcement. You really can’t make that up. The only thing worse than the joke of an organization is where they call home. Wish they would move back to Kansas City.

15 hours ago, schoosier said:

Especially when one of the defendants worked at the NCAA previously in enforcement. You really can’t make that up. The only thing worse than the joke of an organization is where they call home. Wish they would move back to Kansas City.

With conferences making their own TV deals, etc., I can't be the only one who doesn't really understand the reason for the NCAA to exist. At one time, I was naive enough to believe it was to keep everyone honest. Now they actually promote the opposite.

They are just milking the cash cow as long as they possibly can at this point.

With conferences making their own TV deals, etc., I can't be the only one who doesn't really understand the reason for the NCAA to exist. At one time, I was naive enough to believe it was to keep everyone honest. Now they actually promote the opposite.
They are just milking the cash cow as long as they possibly can at this point.

Well it beats the alternative of being led by a reputable organization that ensures compliance.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app