Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Convenient. And yet after two schools and being somewhat involved with this that crap**** will come out smelling like roses. The world of college basketball/football is so corrupt the IOC gave it a golf clap.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Duke will totally skate. Dirty as heck probably but they know how to not get caught

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, IUHAHN82 said:

This is why Bob Knight said he didn't respect John Wooden as a person.  He allowed his guy to go do these things to get the best players.  While Bob did it with top notch coaching! Why I'll always stand by Bob as best BASKETBALL coach ever.  The guy cared about education and the game.....and WON doing it that way.  

That's why I always loved when we beat some of the shady programs (UK) with Knight coaching. He would make sure it was good vs evil. Now... Coach Knight had a lot of his own demons, but I always loved that he did it the 'right way' when it came to recruiting. Or at least, I think he did. And he would not stand for kids not going to class or doing well in school.

Purdue fans are desperately clinging to the notion that "IU was involved in this" and "Archie's brother is dirty, Archie must be too!"

I can't wait until Swanigan's name comes up somewhere, or even Isaac Haas for that matter.

Ha, I am not worried about what they think. A fanbase’s sole purpose is jealousy. It sucks to suck.

Yes Rebel, pretty much any power conference that wins games or is trying to win games is cheating.

Look at Texas AM recruiting recently. Look at Oregon. Look at Kansas State with Beasley. LSU. South Carolina. Oklahoma State. Maryland. Etc, etc.

It's not just the blue bloods. They just have the biggest budgets. And agents want their investment to be in the biggest of limelights. Hence UK, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes Rebel, pretty much any power conference that wins games or is trying to win games is cheating.

Look at Texas AM recruiting recently. Look at Oregon. Look at Kansas State with Beasley. LSU. South Carolina. Oklahoma State. Maryland. Etc, etc.

It's not just the blue bloods. They just have the biggest budgets. And agents want their investment to be in the biggest of limelights. Hence UK, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Shiver down my spine recalling the size of Crean’s recruiting budget.  Don’t remember the $ amount but it was big.

22 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Lol. Clearly after the North Carolina joke of an investigation I have zero faith in the ncaa. None.

I understand, you have evidence to back your opinion too However, is it possible you thought/said that same things about Pitino & Louisville until recently? I'm not totally convinced  the NCAA has seen the light and we're in a whole new paradigm.....but they did just deny an appeal and vacate a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP from a HoF coach. 

I guess my point is the NCAA isn't running this show right now, the FBI is and Sean Miller, Izzo, Cal, K, Roy, Self and all the rest of those cheating bastards are crapping their pants. Will our dreams come true with a fairy tale ending (for me that is Calipari in an orange jumpsuit)? Probably not, but this is too big to just  get swept away as business as usual.  

800,000 average the last 5 years iirc. 
My God were we paying players and just being snubbed?

That one article specifically states players were getting/asking for 5k for visits/official visits.

Lol. I could totally see us/Crean doing this.

Hopefully we weren't, so embarrassing.

Malachi Richardson, Isaiah Whitehead, Thomas Bryant, Goodluck Okonoboh, Thon Maker, Mario Kegler, Billy Preston, Miles Bridges are a few that come to mind.

I understand, you have evidence to back your opinion too However, is it possible you thought/said that same things about Pitino & Louisville until recently? I'm not totally convinced  the NCAA has seen the light and we're in a whole new paradigm.....but they did just deny an appeal and vacate a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP from a HoF coach. 
I guess my point is the NCAA isn't running this show right now, the FBI is and Sean Miller, Izzo, Cal, K, Roy, Self and all the rest of those cheating bastards are crapping their pants. Will our dreams come true with a fairy tale ending (for me that is Calipari in an orange jumpsuit)? Probably not, but this is too big to just  get swept away as business as usual.  
It was like Pitinos is 4th strike and he had already survived the stripper sandal. Plus Louisville is a step below Duke and Kentucky on the to big to fail list. Nothing will happen to Duke, Kansas or Kentucky and you can BANK IT. But make no mistake the not to big to fail schools will get hit hard

48 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That one article specifically states players were getting/asking for 5k for visits/official visits.

Lol. I could totally see us/Crean doing this.

Hopefully we weren't, so embarrassing.

Malachi Richardson, Isaiah Whitehead, Thomas Bryant, Goodluck Okonoboh, Thon Maker, Mario Kegler, Billy Preston, Miles Bridges are a few that come to mind.

Yeah this is what worries me the most when it comes to IU's potential involvement in all this.

During the end of the 2015 season (I think that was the year) when Crean was on the hot seat, we lost a bunch of late-season games, the calls for getting rid of Crean were getting louder, and then what happens?

Thon Maker and Thomas Bryant walk through the door on visits on the same day.  I think we played Iowa or MSU that day, and the program had absolutely no momentum at all.  If anything it was starting to get a little toxic.

You'll never convince me we didn't get Thon Maker on campus without doing some under the table stuff.

Yeah this is what worries me the most when it comes to IU's potential involvement in all this.
During the end of the 2015 season (I think that was the year) when Crean was on the hot seat, we lost a bunch of late-season games, the calls for getting rid of Crean were getting louder, and then what happens?
Thon Maker and Thomas Bryant walk through the door on visits on the same day.  I think we played Iowa or MSU that day.
You'll never convince me we didn't get Thon Maker on campus without doing some under the table stuff.

Point of story is we have always been less dirty than our counterparts. Proof is in the results.

If the swamp got drained we would be the last blue blood floating. I think.