Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

I don’t have access. Brief synopsis?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They were discussing specific players getting paid by Nike and Nike’s lawyer didn’t dispute it. The judge isn’t going to allow Nike to be put on trial. But most everyone knows that things that were said and not disputed are bad for Arizona mainly. Sean did the Will Wade FU last year. These schools are still appealing the notice of allegations. Next fall we will have a better idea.

They were discussing specific players getting paid by Nike and Nike’s lawyer didn’t dispute it. The judge isn’t going to allow Nike to be put on trial. But most everyone knows that things that were said and not disputed are bad for Arizona mainly. Sean did the Will Wade FU last year. These schools are still appealing the notice of allegations. Next fall we will have a better idea.

Gotcha. Many thanks

Idk, I guess I don’t have much to say. Mainly because I have zero expectations.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, mdn82 said:

I'm tired of waiting for next fall. Cheating pays. 

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Well hopefully you don’t feel that way next fall or it’s open season more so than now.

I'm not sure I have any confidence that after waiting 3 years they'll do anything of substance. Wade basically told them to kiss off. Sean Miller seems to have done the same thing. I don't see that they really punished UNC for their fiasco a few years ago. Kansas? They're considered to be one of the top contenders for the NC this year... while Bill Self dishes out his usual bs. It's just biz as usual. It's not gonna change. I'm not saying I know the answer to the situation. I'm just saying the whole situation has given me fatigue and I don't follow it near as closely as I used to. 

25 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Michael Avenatti has been convicted of trying to extort $20mil from Nike. So maybe everyone else comes next?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No. 

Need a federal criminal statutory violation proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

With Avenatti? Sure.

With garden variety player payments? Need the regulatory body (the NCAA) to act administratively. And I have my doubts that the NCAA has the institutional motivation AND the institutional talent to make that happen.

I'm not sure I have any confidence that after waiting 3 years they'll do anything of substance. Wade basically told them to kiss off. Sean Miller seems to have done the same thing. I don't see that they really punished UNC for their fiasco a few years ago. Kansas? They're considered to be one of the top contenders for the NC this year... while Bill Self dishes out his usual bs. It's just biz as usual. It's not gonna change. I'm not saying I know the answer to the situation. I'm just saying the whole situation has given me fatigue and I don't follow it near as closely as I used to. 

That’s fair. I guess I have that faith due to the history of the NCAA not liking to be told to piss off. Also they can never get a confession. They don’t have to here. I doubt any of the people convicted will be able to provide evidence to overturn a court document or they would have. A lot of the people that were convicted were convicted of things that are ncaa violations. The NCAA had to wait until the year to trials were over to get the free damning evidence. These people were arrested in September of 2017. So close to 2.5 years. The schools were notified in under 2 years from arrest and after trials concluded. With all of the appeals I think within 3 years of arrest is actually a decent pace. I probably had different expectations, but it’s always about a year after notice of allegations come out where the penalties are announced due to all of the appeals. We will see what comes of this, but I would not want to be Will Wade, Bill Self, Sean Miller, or the Louisville program. Others will get hit hard too but those were the most boisterous. I am guessing August give or take a month either way for the first wave.

I agree with him. Will Wade is a gangster for doing what he did. Not only did he not go quiet. He said FU to his own employer. Like you knew why you hired me.

Yeah, 6 figure players were very common. Look forward to watching that show. Thanks for posting.

Will Wade:
"We can compensate better than the rookie minimum"
"We'd give him more than the D League"

Wade and Sean Miller are gigantic pieces of sh1t that should not be allowed to coach in the NCAA any longer. I don't understand how either of them have jobs right now.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/new-hbo-doc-provides-audio-of-will-wade-sean-miller-talking-about-pay-for-play-schemes-in-college-basketball/

Will Wade:
Wade and Sean Miller are gigantic pieces of sh1t that should not be allowed to coach in the NCAA any longer. I don't understand how either of them have jobs right now.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/new-hbo-doc-provides-audio-of-will-wade-sean-miller-talking-about-pay-for-play-schemes-in-college-basketball/

NCAA turns a blind eye because the structure of what was happening benefitted everyone. Now that info is out in the public though, you’d think they would have to respond. Maybe they will one day, but letting time pass like they do, lowers everyone’s hatred and reaction day by day.

All I know, is I wish Indiana could have be successful during the one n done era of college hoops.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:04 PM, AKHoosier said:

Will Wade:

Wowwww. That’s really bad for Wade. His own voice. If he keeps his job it really is shame on you LSU. 

If Kansas wasn't a blueblood (or any other blueblood besides IU) they would get hammered. I hope it happens to Kansas, but I won't hold my breath

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/05/08/kansas-basketball-scandal-bill-self-tj-gassnola

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk