Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Maybe Adidas will throw some love (see cold hard cash) at recruits to attend IU now! (Oh wait...)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

See, this is interesting. I’d say Louisville and Kansas were the top two Adidas programs willing to play ball, but we’ve also seen that Adidas understands Indiana’s brand value and that you don’t always need the college program to be at all complicit.

I’ll say it again, but Romeo was a UL recruit, and then Kansas and Indiana. The Vanderbilt consideration just never fit, in my opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

See, this is interesting. I’d say Louisville and Kansas were the top two Adidas programs willing to play ball, but we’ve also seen that Adidas understands Indiana’s brand value and that you don’t always need the college program to be at all complicit.

I’ll say it again, but Romeo was a UL recruit, and then Kansas and Indiana. The Vanderbilt consideration just never fit, in my opinion...

Adidas took great care of the Langford’s. There is zero doubt about that. Glad we didn’t end up in a mess because of it.

That’s our luck though normally, we have 1/8 the shade of other bluebloods and it bites us in the arse.

15 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

With all the Adidas mess, it was a perfect time to tell them to hit the road I think. They have gotten so bad with apparel and their shoes. I tried Adidas to my fullest... just didn’t work. My Pumas on the other hand....

Definitely agree on the Pumas!

So I didn’t hear their case is based on Gassnola being a booster to KU. Since he specifically did things for KU they said in their notice that made him a booster and the act illegal as well. I’ll take the bumper stickers. Their Rival board is expecting the hammer. Their biggest debate is whether or not they get a postseason ban. There are some that think they can fight him being a booster based on the loose definition. Good luck with that.

So I didn’t hear their case is based on Gassnola being a booster to KU. Since he specifically did things for KU they said in their notice that made him a booster and the act illegal as well. I’ll take the bumper stickers. Their Rival board is expecting the hammer. Their biggest debate is whether or not they get a postseason ban. There are some that think they can fight him being a booster based on the loose definition. Good luck with that.

Funny how the Nike schools are walking away free... it’s as if Arizona were just the fall guy since they are a rival to Oregon.

Funny how the Nike schools are walking away free... it’s as if Arizona were just the fall guy since they are a rival to Oregon.

Yes the FBI agents sat in their office with sharpie pens marking X’s on jerseys in their offices while laughing hysterically every time someone was caught on tape. I completely agree.

Edit: This would be a hilarious sight to see and I would pay to see it.

14 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Well, I'd say there's one less program we have to worry about when it comes to recruiting.

Zero chance anyone ranked highly in the 2020 class commits there now under this cloud.

I'd like to believe this is true but I've become pretty cynical about college recruiting. As long as Self is there, he will land some high level guys in 2020.

Yes the FBI agents sat in their office with sharpie pens marking X’s on jerseys in their offices while laughing hysterically every time someone was caught on tape. I completely agree.

Edit: This would be a hilarious sight to see and I would pay to see it.

I fully believe Nike would would go all out to pull something like this off. Shoe business is pretty wild these days.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'd like to believe this is true but I've become pretty cynical about college recruiting. As long as Self is there, he will land some high level guys in 2020.

I’m also cynical until I see actual, meaningful results/actions. A cloud has also been hanging over AZ and the Ville but their recruiting has suffered so much that AZ has the 6th best 2019 class and the Ville has the 12th ranked class in 2019.

I fully believe Nike would would go all out to pull something like this off. Shoe business is pretty wild these days.

Would they risk it by potentially being pulled into it? I’m not sure about that. I wouldn’t put it past Nike to do what they could to bury Adidas but they wouldn’t do something to hurt themselves.

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Would they risk it by potentially being pulled into it? I’m not sure about that. I wouldn’t put it past Nike to do what they could to bury Adidas but they wouldn’t do something to hurt themselves.

I agree. There is a 99.9999% chance that  Nike was playing the same game so I would assume they would have preferred for these type of activities to stay underground.