Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/duke-clears-zion-williamson-after-investigating-allegations-from-michael-avenatti-that-nike-paid-him/

So Duke can do their own investigations and clear their own players???

That is a credible process.  I wouldn't doubt if the NCAA accepted it!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/duke-clears-zion-williamson-after-investigating-allegations-from-michael-avenatti-that-nike-paid-him/

So Duke can do their own investigations and clear their own players???
That is a credible process.  I wouldn't doubt if the NCAA accepted it!

It won’t be long before Dook is investigating other programs. I’m sure they’d find some first on other programs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good article. Details monthly payments and third party cash to avoid NCAA violations. Arizona had a pretty good system until the FBI showed up.

But now with studs Nico Mannion and Josh Green?? They are clicking on all cylinders again.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Good article. Details monthly payments and third party cash to avoid NCAA violations. Arizona had a pretty good system until the FBI showed up.

But now with studs Nico Mannion and Josh Green?? They are clicking on all cylinders again.

And the $ is still flowing.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Reportedly Slick Rick isn't getting any $$ from L'ville.

Not that it’s a big secret - but I would take this as confirmation that he’s aggressively pursuing positions - maybe getting some solid interest.  While it’s certainly semantics in this instance, resigning v being fired for infractions would be important distinction to a potential new employer.  

wonder if he is still pursuing suit against adidas as a victim. 

On 9/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just a speed bump

Didn't say it would. Merely sharing information.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Right on, appreciate the info. It’s just funny to me these articles pop up and then there’s nothing that happens.

Do people remember when UNC was going to burn in hell for giving athletes degrees they didn’t earn? Me too

You would hope the NCAA finally grows some cajones and does the right thing but I'm not holding my breath.

Kansas has been charged with lack of institutional control, three Level 1 violations in men’s basketball and there is a head coach responsibility charge against coach Bill Self, according to multiple sources. There also are allegations against football, sources added, although those are Level 2 violations. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kansas-basketball-charged-with-multiple-level-1-violations-including-lack-of-institutional-control-210015300.html

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

You would hope the NCAA finally grows some cajones and does the right thing but I'm not holding my breath.

Kansas has been charged with lack of institutional control, three Level 1 violations in men’s basketball and there is a head coach responsibility charge against coach Bill Self, according to multiple sources. There also are allegations against football, sources added, although those are Level 2 violations. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kansas-basketball-charged-with-multiple-level-1-violations-including-lack-of-institutional-control-210015300.html

Hey, at least the NCAA sent the notice of violations so maybe.  Probably not, but maybe.

I'd rather the NCAA remain focused on giving a program a death sentence because of texting...oh wait that was legal like two years later.  Move along, nothing to se ehere with the Chosen one's in the NCAA cheating.  Makes many of Crean's comments make sense now

I expect Kansas to get probation, loss of scholarships, loss of recruiting days, and maybe a single postseason ban. I expect Self to get suspended for 12 games. LSU, Zona, and Louisville I expect more from. Taunting or being previously on probation hasn’t worked well in the past. Amateurism is the only thing the NCAA cares about. We are 9-12 months out from the penalty phase. 90 days for them to submit their response. From there the NCAA will submit their findings. Then the appeals. 3 level 1s is one hell of a strong way to come out. Plus it’s not like the NCAA has to do much. It’s all recorded in the court. Gonna be a fun couple of years. The Kansas fans on their boards are feeling about how you would expect.

46 minutes ago, finky said:

I'd rather the NCAA remain focused on giving a program a death sentence because of texting...oh wait that was legal like two years later.  Move along, nothing to se ehere with the Chosen one's in the NCAA cheating.  Makes many of Crean's comments make sense now

The NCAA didn't give us a death sentence, we did that to ourselves. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at our administration. They've been scared sh*tless of the NCAA ever since Brand worked there.