Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

3 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I am with you. They need to be punished. I've said on here many times, I get hanging out in the grey area. However, this is beyond that. People went to jail for this crap. If I had to guess Kansas and Louisville are your "blue bloods" and Arizona along with LSU are involved. I noticed all four of these schools are somewhere in these early top 10's for next season. They better enjoy it, it could be their last great season for awhile. 

17 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I am with you. They need to be punished. I've said on here many times, I get hanging out in the grey area. However, this is beyond that. People went to jail for this crap. If I had to guess Kansas and Louisville are your "blue bloods" and Arizona along with LSU are involved. I noticed all four of these schools are somewhere in these early top 10's for next season. They better enjoy it, it could be their last great season for awhile. 

If these schools are smart, they'll follow the example set forth by NC and others and deny and lawyer up and let it play out in court.

I still have trouble believing anything substantial will come of this in the way of punishment for any of these schools. That is almost as unbelievable as saying Kansas had to pay Zion to go there, but he went to Duke for free because he wanted to play for Coach K.

3 minutes ago, bigrod said:

If these schools are smart, they'll follow the example set forth by NC and others and deny and lawyer up and let it play out in court.

I still have trouble believing anything substantial will come of this in the way of punishment for any of these schools. That is almost as unbelievable as saying Kansas had to pay Zion to go there, but he went to Duke for free because he wanted to play for Coach K.

UNC didn’t escape by denying it. They admitted it. They claimed the NCAA didn’t have the right to judge the credibility of a class. I’m sure by now other schools have fake classes because of the precedent set

2 hours ago, bigrod said:

He didn't go to Duke for free

"Louisville, North Carolina State, Kansas, Arizona, LSU, USC, Oklahoma State, South Carolina and Auburn. TCU, Creighton and Clemson" 

Lesson? Those schools listed were incredibly sloppy. Kentucky, Duke & No Carolina laugh at their amateurish antics while wiping their butts with the NCAA rulebook and burning piles of Nike's money. Pathetic. 

Isn't Louisville the definition of "lack of institutional control"? They need the death penalty- ZERO basketball scholarships for 2 seasons, but let them have a team of walk-ons. That MIGHT get someone's attention.  

"Louisville, North Carolina State, Kansas, Arizona, LSU, USC, Oklahoma State, South Carolina and Auburn. TCU, Creighton and Clemson" 
Lesson? Those schools listed were incredibly sloppy. Kentucky, Duke & No Carolina laugh at their amateurish antics while wiping their butts with the NCAA rulebook and burning piles of Nike's money. Pathetic. 
Isn't Louisville the definition of "lack of institutional control"? They need the death penalty- ZERO basketball scholarships for 2 seasons, but let them have a team of walk-ons. That MIGHT get someone's attention.  

Sloppy? Yes, but it’s purely an Adidas thing because the first guy arrested knew the Adidas guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What’s funny is Uof6 would end up with a team of top 100 recruits as walk ons and the NCAA wouldn’t find anything wrong with that...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My guess is the list of 6 schools to be named will not be a very sexy list:

Creighton
NC State
USC
South Carolina
Auburn
Oklahoma State

Then they'll take the rest of the summer to decide if they want to punish Arizona, Louisville, and Kansas.

No way they touch Duke, they're way too chickensh1t.

3 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

My guess is the list of 6 schools to be named will not be a very sexy list:

Creighton
NC State
USC
South Carolina
Auburn
Oklahoma State

Then they'll take the rest of the summer to decide if they want to punish Arizona, Louisville, and Kansas.

No way they touch Duke, they're way too chickensh1t.

I guess I don't understand how Arizona couldn't be on that list...or how a team that took Curtis Jones in as a transfer could be. ;)