Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Haha

They’re hoping it goes away quickly after all the FBI stuff is now completed. It’ll be interesting to see if the spots media brings it up much. I highly doubt much will be done besides a school or two being “hammered” and the rest of the cheating bastards get the wink wink nod nod from the ncaa.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Haha

They’re hoping it goes away quickly after all the FBI stuff is now completed. It’ll be interesting to see if the spots media brings it up much. I highly doubt much will be done besides a school or two being “hammered” and the rest of the cheating bastards get the wink wink nod nod from the ncaa.

I agree. Just sharing an article

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 5/22/2019 at 6:02 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The NABC or whatever they’re called is about as important as the ncaa. I would be willing to wager some of the biggest cheaters hold lofty positions in this organization. Didn’t Brey have a little moral dust up just a couple years ago with local reporter? Low morals and rules breaking unfortunately go hand in hand with coaching big time college b-ball. 

You naughty little boy.  Now go stand in the corner.

CBSSports Breaking News:  Former USC assistant Tony Bland receives two years probation and 100 hours community service. No jail time.

Book Richardson will be sentenced tomorrow.  Lamont Evans Friday.  Chuck Person later this summer.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/pascoe/ua-facing-potential-significant-sanctions-and-penalties-from-ncaa-general/article_5e7f8120-87c7-11e9-a579-1bf157c52df3.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

The lead paragraph of the article:  In a victim impact statement filed in federal court in advance of Book Richardson's upcoming sentencing, University of Arizona general counsel Laura Todd Johnson said the school is "facing the prospect of potentially significant sanctions and penalties from the NCAA flowing from the unlawful actions involved in this case." 

16 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/pascoe/ua-facing-potential-significant-sanctions-and-penalties-from-ncaa-general/article_5e7f8120-87c7-11e9-a579-1bf157c52df3.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

The lead paragraph of the article:  In a victim impact statement filed in federal court in advance of Book Richardson's upcoming sentencing, University of Arizona general counsel Laura Todd Johnson said the school is "facing the prospect of potentially significant sanctions and penalties from the NCAA flowing from the unlawful actions involved in this case." 

I will be totally shocked if anything significant comes from any of this. I think the NCAA's record in these manners is pretty well proven: Unless you're stupid enough to self-sanction, or are a small school that doesn't bring give them million$ of rea$on$ to leave you alone, nothing will happen except maybe a show to make it appear that they still care.

Various sources -

Book Richardson sentenced to three months in prison and two years of supervised release thereafter.  Judge Ramos said the sentence ‘merits some degree of leniency because of the largely good life that he has led.

The judge explained the biggest difference wasn’t just that Book took 20K in bribes vs. Bland’s ~4K, but that he sought out the money and did this on multiple occasions. Gov't prosecutors were asking for 18-24 months for Richardson. The judge went way under.

Judge Ramos: "I do believe that the University of Arizona was victimized by the crime. It caused several athletes to decommit from the University" and it led to "an additional (NCAA) investigation that may have some implications for the University."

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Various sources -

Book Richardson sentenced to three months in prison and two years of supervised release thereafter.  Judge Ramos said the sentence ‘merits some degree of leniency because of the largely good life that he has led.

The judge explained the biggest difference wasn’t just that Book took 20K in bribes vs. Bland’s ~4K, but that he sought out the money and did this on multiple occasions. Gov't prosecutors were asking for 18-24 months for Richardson. The judge went way under.

Judge Ramos: "I do believe that the University of Arizona was victimized by the crime. It caused several athletes to decommit from the University" and it led to "an additional (NCAA) investigation that may have some implications for the University."

Oh what a crock. Is that judge an Alumni or something. 

Today in "That'll teach you", Lamont Evans was sentenced to a THREE month prison sentence. However, he still stands the chance of being deported to a tropical island(Evans is a Barbados citizen).

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26921190/lamont-evans-sentenced-deported

10 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

If this is true, my 'Super-Six' would be:

1. Louisville
  2. Kansas
  3. Arizona
  4. LSU
  5. Oklahoma State
  6. Miami

Oh, they’ll be notified... then they’ll tell the NCAA they didn’t do anything wrong and the NCAA will go back to burying its head in the sand.

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Oh, they’ll be notified... then they’ll tell the NCAA they didn’t do anything wrong and the NCAA will go back to burying its head in the sand.

Or they will pull a UNC and smack the NCAA in the face, say “yeah we did it, what are you going to do about it” and the NCAA will go back to it’s moms basement and working on that screenplay that’s going to make it famous. 

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Or they will pull a UNC and smack the NCAA in the face, say “yeah we did it, what are you going to do about it” and the NCAA will go back to it’s moms basement and working on that screenplay that’s going to make it famous. 

Might make it difficult if a commission is also made up of persons outside of the NCAA.